Switch-Level Modeling in VHDL
VHDL is a language to build and program an event-driven simulator. For this purpose it is excellent. It is even better than it was intended to be! For example, even the designers of the language considered the behavior of the bi-directional pass-transistor outside the scope of pure VHDL. It is in part to their credit that they were wrong on this issue. VHDL is a very powerful language for programming an event-driven simulator.
KeywordsCircuit Design Resolution Function Simulation Cycle Open Path Primary Node
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R.D. Acosta, S.P. Smith, Jeff LarsonMixed-Mode Simulation of Compiled VHDL ProgramsICCAD89.Google Scholar
- B.R. Stanisic, M. W. BrownVHDL Modeling for Analog-Digital Hardware Designs, ICCAD89.Google Scholar
- P. Flake, P. Moorby, G. Musgrave, AnAlgebra for Logic Strength Simulation20th Design Automation Conference, IEEE 1983.Google Scholar
- P. Flake, P. Moorby, G. MusgraveLogic Simulation of Bidirectional Tri-state GatesProc ICCC80, Port Chester, NY pp 594–600.Google Scholar
- D. Overhauser, L Hajj, Y-F. HsuAutomatic Mixed-Mode Timing SimulationICCAD89.Google Scholar
- V.B. Rao, D.V. Overhauser, T.N. Trick, I.N. HajjSwitch-Level Timing Simulation of MOS VLSI CircuitsKluwer Academic Publishers, Norwell, MA, 1989.Google Scholar
- A.G. Stanculescu, A.S. Tsay, A.N.D.Zamfirescu, D.L. PerrySwitchLeveI VHDL DescriptionsICCAD89.Google Scholar
- A.G. Stanculescu, A.S. TsayA 46-State Value-System from Vantage Analysis Systems Inc.VHDL User’s Group VHDL Design Exchange Group meeting, February 89.Google Scholar
- The Computer Society of the IEEE’s DATC Design Automation Standards CommitteeThe Sense of the VASGProceedings of the Second Fall User’s Group Meeting, October 1989.Google Scholar
- IEEEVHDLLanguage Reference Manual, IEEE std 1076–1987, N.Y., N.Y., March 1988.Google Scholar