What Types of Package Failure Are Encountered?
A 9: Package failure for whatever reason is undesirable. Yet mechanical, material, or personnel imperfection will be encountered. These are transmitted tothe package in one form or another.
KeywordsPackaging Material Quality Control Test Package Failure Meat Packer Packaging Machine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anon. 1988. Visual inspection system focuses on total quality control. Food Engineering 60 (1): 91–92.Google Scholar
- Anon. 1976. Consumers don’t complain about defective packages, they stop buying. Food and Drug Packaging 34 (4): 1–16.Google Scholar
- Bartnick, A. 1988. Implementing SPC: Koch Label’s story. Converting 6 (4): 50–60.Google Scholar
- Gonnella, C. J. 1973. Achieving defect free packaging through prevention and correction. Package Development 3 (4): 8–17.Google Scholar
- Kehres, L. 1988. The quest for quality control. In-plant Reproduction and Electronic Publishing 38 (4): 42.Google Scholar
- Kelsey, R. J. 1976. Unblinking electronic eyes, sensors and brains displace human inspectors in packaging control. Food and Drug Packaging 34 (11): 4–26.Google Scholar
- Kelsey, R. J. 1988. Robots in packaging. Food and Drug Packaging. 52 (3): 45–47.Google Scholar
- Larson, M. 1988. On-line inspection offers simpler choices. Packaging 33 (1): 68–71.Google Scholar
- Mansur, R. T. 1988. Nondestructive high speed leak testing for retort pouches. Activities Report of the R & D Associates 40 (1): 48–49.Google Scholar
- Miller, A. 1986. Giving packaging a bad name. Newsweek 108 (7): 45.Google Scholar
- Skrzycki, C. 1986. Tampering with buyer confidence. U.S. News and World Report 100 (3): 46–47.Google Scholar
- Trombly, J. E. 1988. How to specify a machine vision system. Journal of Packaging Technology 2 (2): 50–51.Google Scholar