Experiments Reprinted from The Science of Photobiology, First Edition
The following pages are a reprinting of about a dozen pages from the first edition of The Science of Photobiology. As noted in the preface, this lab manual has been designed to be a companion to the second edition of The Science of Photobiology. This second edition does not contain laboratory experiments. The first edition, on the other hand, contained several relatively brief sketches of experiments at the end of each chapter. Many of these are quite simple, straightforward, and instructive exercises that are still very useable. Therefore, with Dr. Smith’s and Plenum’s generous approval, we have reprinted those pages here.
KeywordsCellulose Acetone Cobalt Hexane Sodium Chloride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 76.Hoar, W.S. (1968) Some effects of radiation on cells. I. Photodynamic action. In Experiments in Physiology and Biochemistry,Vol. 1. (Edited by G.A.Kerkut ), pp. 132–135. Academic Press, London and New York.Google Scholar
- 32.Strickland, J.D.H. and T.R. Parsons (1968) A Practical Handbook of Seawater Analysis, Fish Res. Bd. Canada Bull. No. 167.Google Scholar
- 8.Shropshire, W. Jr., W.H. Klein and V.B. Elstad (1961) Action spectra of photomorphogenic induction and photoinactivation of germination in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2, 63–69.Google Scholar
- 57.Vogel, H.J. (1956) A convenient growth medium for Neurospora (medium N). Microb. Genet. Bull. 13, 42.Google Scholar
- 6.Vernon, L.P. and G.R. Seely (Editors) (1966) The Chlorophylls. Academic Press, New York and London.Google Scholar
- 83.Goodwin, T.W. (Editor) (1965) Chemistry and Biochemistry of Plant Pigments. Academic Press, New York and London.Google Scholar
- 84.Dunn, A. and J. Arditti (1968) Experimental Physiology. Holt, Rinehart, and Winston, New York.Google Scholar
- 86.Arnon,D.I. (1949) Copper enzymes in isolated chloroplasts. Polyphenoloxidase in Beta vulgaris.Plant Physiol. 24, 1–15.Google Scholar