The Two-Matrix Model
We study the two-matrix model, show that it contains multicritical points of type (p, q) for general p and q, describe the generalized Toda flows which interpolate between them, and discuss the continuum limit.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- For complete references, see the upcoming review in Physics Reports by V. Kazakov and I. Kostov, or the other talks in this volume.Google Scholar
- G. Moore, private communication.Google Scholar
- S. Chadha, G. Mahoux and M. L. Mehta, J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 14 (1981) 579; M. L. Mehta, Comm. Math. Phys. 79 (1981) 327.Google Scholar
- T. Tada and M. Yamaguchi, Tokyo preprint UT-Komaba 90–17, June 1990.Google Scholar
- L. Alvarez-Gauiné, C. Gomez and J. Lacki, CERN preprint CERN-TH.5875/90, September 1990; M. R. Douglas, to be published in the proceedings of the Texas A&M March 1990 String theory workshop; A. Gerasimov, A. Marshakov, A. Mironov, A. Morozov and A. Orlov, Lebedev institute preprint, July 1990; E. Martinet, Chicago preprint EFI-90–67, September 1990; E. Witten, IAS preprint IASSNS-HEP-90/45, May 1990.Google Scholar
- E. Brézin and V. Kazakov, Phys.Lett. 236B (1990) 144; M. Douglas and S. Shenker, Nucl.Phys. B335 (1990) 635; D. Gross and A. Migdal, Phys.Rev.Lett. 64 (1990) 127.Google Scholar