The Two-Matrix Model
We study the two-matrix model, show that it contains multicritical points of type (p, q) for general p and q, describe the generalized Toda flows which interpolate between them, and discuss the continuum limit.
KeywordsContinuum Limit Coefficient Function String Equation Differential Polynomial Irrelevant Operator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- For complete references, see the upcoming review in Physics Reports by V. Kazakov and I. Kostov, or the other talks in this volume.Google Scholar
- G. Moore, private communication.Google Scholar
- S. Chadha, G. Mahoux and M. L. Mehta, J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 14 (1981) 579; M. L. Mehta, Comm. Math. Phys. 79 (1981) 327.Google Scholar
- T. Tada and M. Yamaguchi, Tokyo preprint UT-Komaba 90–17, June 1990.Google Scholar
- L. Alvarez-Gauiné, C. Gomez and J. Lacki, CERN preprint CERN-TH.5875/90, September 1990; M. R. Douglas, to be published in the proceedings of the Texas A&M March 1990 String theory workshop; A. Gerasimov, A. Marshakov, A. Mironov, A. Morozov and A. Orlov, Lebedev institute preprint, July 1990; E. Martinet, Chicago preprint EFI-90–67, September 1990; E. Witten, IAS preprint IASSNS-HEP-90/45, May 1990.Google Scholar
- E. Brézin and V. Kazakov, Phys.Lett. 236B (1990) 144; M. Douglas and S. Shenker, Nucl.Phys. B335 (1990) 635; D. Gross and A. Migdal, Phys.Rev.Lett. 64 (1990) 127.Google Scholar