Preparation and Properties of Pillared Synthetic Boron-Containing Saponite
A novel synthetic boron-containing saponite was prepared hydrothermally at 260°C under autogenous pressure in the system of Na2O-SiO2- Al2O3-B2O3 - MgO. The alumina-pillared synthetic boron-containing saponite [designated as AI-PSBCS(X),X is the added boron moles that are based on Mg=6 moles in the preparation] possessed both higher cumene dealkylation activity [93.4 wt.%] and better benzene selectivity [74.0 wt. %] than alumina-pillared non-boron clay AI-PSBCS(O) [ 73.5 wt.%, 70.0 wt.%, respectively]. Chemical analysis results showed that boron was incorporated into the pillared product. The dehydroxylation endotherm of structural OR of Al-PSBCS(3.0) [807°C] occurred at higher temperature than that of AI-PSBCS(O) [795°C].
KeywordsClay Nickel Silicate Benzene Petroleum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Farmer, V. C. 1974. The layer silicates. In The Infrared Spectra of Minerals, V. C. Farmer, ed. pp.331–364. London: Mineralogical Society.Google Scholar
- Guan, J.J, Min, E. Z., and Yu, Z. Q., 1986. Eur. Patent Appl. 0197,012.Google Scholar
- Kutz, Z. 1984. Boronsilicate molecular sieves: novel catalytic catalytic materials. In Proc. 2nd Annual IUCCP Research Symposium in Heterogeneous Catalysis, B. L. Shapiro, ed. pp. 121–141. Texas: Texas A&M Univ. Press, College Station.Google Scholar
- Qian, Z. H., and Li, Y. 1986. Advances in the study of composite oxide acidity. Shi You Hua Gong 15(7): 446–452.Google Scholar
- Shabtai, I., Massoth, F. E., Tokarz, M., Tsai, G. M., and McCauley, I. 1984. Characterization and molecular shape selectivity of cross-linked montmorilonite (CLM) catalysts. In Proc. 8th Int. Congress Catal. T. Seiyama and K. Tanabe, eds. pp. 828–837. Tokyo: Kodansha-Elsevier.Google Scholar
- She, L. Q., Liu, X. Y., and Li, X. W. 1985. Relationship between catalytic activity and acid strength of LaHY zeolites in cumene cracking and o-xylene isomerization. In Catalysis by Acids and Bases, B. Imelik et al., eds. pp. 335–342. Amsterdam: Elsevier Science Publishers B. V.Google Scholar
- Stubican, V., and Roy, R. 1962. Boron substitution in synthetic micas and clays. Amer. Mineral. 47: 1166–1173.Google Scholar
- Sun, G. D., Yan, F. S., Zhu, H. H., and Liu, Z. H. 1987. Synthesis and properties of cross-linked hydroxy-titanium bentonite. In Preparation of Catalysts IV, B. Delmon et al., eds. pp. 649–658. Amsterdam: Elsevier Science Publishers B. V.Google Scholar
- Xu, W. Y., Xie, X. M., Yao, Y. Z., Li, J. P., and Zhou, D. F. 1991a. Syntheses and catalytic properties of Al-B-cross-linked bentonites. Cui Hua Xue Bao, 12(1): 26–31.Google Scholar
- Zhang, N. X., Li, Y. Q., Zhao, H. M., and Ji, S. R, 1990. Research Methods for Clay Minerals (in Chinese). Beijing: Chinese Science Press.Google Scholar