Part of the Cancer Treatment and Research book series (CTAR, volume 62)
Osteosarcoma of the limb: An institutional report of 10 years experience with neoadjuvant chemotherapy and delayed surgery
Following the initial report of Rosen in 1976 , a study of preoperative chemotherapy for treatment for primary osteosarcoma patients was started in our hospital in 1978.
KeywordsClin Oncol Preoperative Chemotherapy Limb Salvage Postoperative Chemotherapy Incomplete Treatment
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Enneking WF. Modified system for functional evaluation of surgical management of musculoskeletal tumors. In: Limb Salvage in Musculoskeletal Oncology. Enneking WF, Ed. Churchill Livingstone, New York, pp 626–639, 1987.Google Scholar
- 8.Bacci G, Avella M, Capanna R, et al. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in the treatment of osteosarcoma of the extremities: preliminary results in 131 cases treated preoperatively with methotrexate and cisdiammino platinum. Ital J Orthop Traum 14:23–29, 1988.Google Scholar
- 9.Prasad R, Bacci G, Campanacci M, Picci P. Does drug dose intensity (DDI) of chemotherapy (C) determine the prognosis of primary high grade osteosarcoma? Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol 9:311, (abstract 1202) 1990.Google Scholar
- 10.Miser J, Pritchard D, Sim F, et al. Treatment of osteosarcoma (OGS) with a new chemotherapeutic regimen of ifosfamide (Ifos), Adriamycin (ADR) and high dose methothrexate (HDMTX) (abstract 1143) Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol 9:295, 1990.Google Scholar
- 11.Rosen G. The current management of malignant bone tumors: where do we go from here? Med J Austr 148:373–377, 1988.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1993