Extra States in c < 1 String Theory
A construction of elements of the BRS cohomology of ghost number ±1 in c < 1 string theory is described, and their two-point function computed on the sphere. The construction makes precise the relation between these extra states and null vectors. The physical states of ghost number +1 are found to be exact forms with respect to a “conjugate” BRS operator.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.C. Imbimbo, S. Mahapatra and S. Mukhi, Genova/Tata Institute Preprint GEF-TH 8/91, TIFR/TH/91–27, May 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Kato and S. Matsuda, in “Conformal Field Theory and Solvable Lattice Models”, Advanced Studies in Pure Mathematics 16, Ed. M. Jimbo, T. Miwa and A. Tsuchiya (Kinokuniya, 1988).Google Scholar
- 9.J. Polchinski, Texas preprint UTTG-39–90.Google Scholar
- 10.N. Seiberg, Rutgers Preprint RU-90–29 (1990).Google Scholar
- 12.E. Witten, IAS Princeton preprint IASSNS-HEP-91/51, August 1991.Google Scholar
- 13.I.R. Klebanov and A.M. Polyakov, Princeton University preprint PUPT-1281, September 1991.Google Scholar
- 14.G. Moore, N. Seiberg and M. Staudacher, Rutgers-Yale preprint RU-91–11, YCTP-P11–91.Google Scholar