Remote Effects of Small Deep Hemispheric Infarction on the Cortical Blood Flow -CT and 133Xe Inhalation Study
Many reports have discussed the remote effects of unilateral ischemic infarction on the cortical circulation. However in these studies,the subject was dealt with during acute phase of stroke and the infarct has been too large to analyze the circulation in the distant related area1,2,3. We investigated the remote effect of a small deep ischemic lesion on the cortical circulation in 15 patients with a lacunar infarct during the chronic phase.
KeywordsDepression Neurol 133Xe
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lavy, S., Melamed, E., and Portnoy, Z.,The effect of cerebral infarction on the regional cerebral blood flow of the contralateral hemisphere., Stroke 6:160 (1975)Google Scholar
- 2.Orgogozo, J.M., Larsen, B., SkyhΦj, T., SkinhΦj, E., and Lassen, N.A., Evidence of cortical disconnection in deep hemispheric strokes as revealed by rCBF., Acuta Neurol Scand 60:258 (1979)Google Scholar
- 3.SkynΦj Olsen, T., Larsen, B., Bech Skriver, E., Herning, M., Enevoldsen, E., and Lassen, N.A., Focal cerebral hyperemia in acute stroke. Incidence,oathophysiology and clinical siginificance., Stroke 12:598 (1981)Google Scholar
- 4.Obrist, W.D., Thompson, H.K., Wang, H.S., and Wilkinson, W.E., Regional cerebral blood flow estimated by 133Xenon inhalation.,Stroke 6:245 (1975)Google Scholar
- 5.Frackowisk, R.S.J., Lenzi, G.L., Jones, T., and Heather, J.D., Quantitative measurments of regional cerebral blood flow and oxygen metabolism in man using 150 and positoron emission tomography:Theory,procedure,and normal values., J Comput Assist Tomogr 4:727 (1980)Google Scholar
- 6.Powers, W.J., Wayne-Martin, W.R., Herscovitch, P., Raichle, M.E., and Grubb, R.L.: Extracranial-intracranial bypass surgery:Hemodynamic and metabolic effects., Neurology 34:1168 (1984)Google Scholar
- 7.Hanyu, H., Arai, H., Kobayashi, Y., Hatano, N., Katsunuma, H., and Suzuki, T., Remote Effects in Cerebral Infarction:123I-IMP SPECT Study, Jpn J Ncul Med 27:629 (1990)Google Scholar
- 8.Ingvar, D.H., “Hyperfrontal” distribution of the cerebral gray matter flow in resting wakefullness;On the functional anatomy of the concious state., Acuta Neurol Scand 60:12 (1979)Google Scholar