Finite Temperature Correlated Mean Field Treatments and Information Theory
A general self-consistent scheme for approximating statistical operators is discussed within the context of Information Theory. As an application, a special correlated finite temperature mean field approximation is derived and applied to many-fermion systems. A substantial improvement over conventional approaches such as finite temperature Hartree-Fock and finite temperature BCS is obtained in finite systems.
KeywordsEntropy Covariance Argentina 2oNe Aires
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D.J. Thouless, The Quantum Mechanics of Many Body Systems (Academic, New York, 1972).Google Scholar
- A.L. Goodman, Nucl. Phys. A352 (1981) 30; A352 (1981) 45.Google Scholar
- E.T. Jaynes, Phys. Rev 106 (1957) 620; 108 (1957) 171.Google Scholar
- R. Balian and M. Veneroni, Ann. of Phys. 164 (1985) 334; 174 (1987) 229.Google Scholar
- R. Rossignoli, H.G. Miller and A. Plastino, Phys. Rev. C42 (1991) 314; Journal of Physics G, (1991), (in press).Google Scholar
- R. Rossignoli, Nucl. Phys. A (1991) (in press).Google Scholar
- R. Rossignoli, R.M. Quick and H.G. Miller, to be published.Google Scholar
- R. Kubo, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 12 (1957) 570; Rep. Pogr. Phys. 29 (1966) 225.Google Scholar