Tending to Saturated Gain of Soft X-Ray Laser at 23.2 and 23.6Nm
We proposed a design named “Four-Target Series Coupling” to work, on soft x-ray laser in Ne-like Ge plasma. The total length for four targets is up to 5.6cm. The gain length product (GL) for small signal is up to about 18 for both lines at 23.2 and 23.6nm , and the effective GL is 16.4 and 15.7 for these two lines respectively. These two lines are obviously tending to saturation. The divergence of X-ray laser beam is about 3 ˜ 4 mrad. Before experiments, we developed a series of codes to simulate these experiments, got the parameters about the distance and angle between the targets in order to get best coupling.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wang Shiji et al., Science in china, series A (1991)151 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Ni Yuanlong et al., High Power Laser and Particale Beams (HPLPB), vol.3 (1991) 242 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zhang Guoping et al., HPLPB, vol. 2 (1990) 298 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- G.B. Zimmerman and W.L. Kruer, Comments Plasma Phys. Controlled Fusion 11(1975)51Google Scholar
- W.C.Mead et al, UCRL-84684 Rev I. (1981)Google Scholar
- Zhang Tanxin, private communication.Google Scholar
- Yang Minglun, private communication.Google Scholar