Selective Melanoma Thermal Neutron Capture Therapy for Lymph Node Metastases
The success of treatment of tumors with NCT lies primarily with the development of suitable vectors to optimally carry 10B to the tumor site, efficient methods of their administration, and effective neutron beam delivery.
KeywordsBoron Fructose Monosaccharide Dopa
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. Mishima and T. Shimakage, Thermal neutron capture treatment of malignant melanoma using 10B-dopa and nB12-chlorpromazine compounds, in: “Pigment Cell,” 2:394, V. Riley, ed., S. Karger, Basel (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Ichihashi, H. Fukuda, J.K. Brown, M.H. Mountford, B.J. Allen, J.G. Wilson, and Y. Mishima, In vitro evaluation of for mealanoma at Moata - joint work between Japan and Australia BNCT reasearch teams in: “Progress in Neutron Capture Therapy for Cancer,” B.J. Allen et al. ed., Plenum Press, New York (1992).Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Mishima, M. Ichihashi, T. Nakanishi, M. Tsuji, M. Ueda, T. Nakagawa, and T. Suzuki, Cure of malignant melanoma by single thermal neutron capture treatment using melanoma seeking compounds: 10B/melanogenesis interaction to in vitro / in vivo radiobiological analysis to preclinical studies, in: “Proc. 1st International Symposium on NCT,” R.G. Fairchild and G.L. Brownell, eds., U.S. Government Printing Office (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Fukuda, K. Ando, C. Honda, M. Ichihashi, Y. Mishima, J. Hiratsuka, T. Kobayashi, and K. Kanda, Tolerance limits of normal skin treated by a single thermal neutron capture therapy, in: “Progress in Neutron Capture Therapy for Cancer,” B.J. Allen et al. ed., Plenum Press, New York (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Kobayashi, S. Hatta, C. Honda, K. Yamamura, T. Akiyoshi, K. Kanda, and Y. Mishima, Estimation of absorbed doses in human malignant melanoma treated by neutron capture therapy with special references to vertical direction, Pigment Cell Res. 2:361–364(1989).Google Scholar
- 7.C. Honda, M. Shiono, M. Ichihashi, N. Wadabayashi, Y. Mishima, K. Yoshino, T. Kobayashi, K. Kanda, and H. Karashima, Deuteriation trials for neutron capture therapy of deep-seated melanoma lesions, in:“Proc. of Sixth Int. Symp. on NCT 9/14~17/92, Columbus,” R.F. Barth ed., Plenum Press, New York (in press).Google Scholar