Algebraic Approach to Vibrational Excitations in an Anharmonic Linear Chain
A description of vibrational excitations in one-dimensional monoatomic and diatomic Bravais lattices is presented by means of an algebraic model of n-coupled anharmonic oscillators. The anharmonic interaction corresponds to a Morse-like potential. The energy expression E(k) for one-phonon excitations is obtained analytically in both cases. In addition, we present numerical results for two-phonons.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ibidem, 149:132 (1991).Google Scholar
- A. Frank, R. Lemus and F. Iachello, “Algebraic Model for Molecular Electronic Spectra”, Symmetries in Science V, Edited by B. Gruber et al. Plenum Press, NY. 1991Google Scholar
- R. Lemus and A. Frank, J. Chem. Phys. “Constrained Calculations in the Electron-Vibron Model and the Born-Oppenheimer Approximation”, J. Chem. Phys., in press.Google Scholar
- 11.S.L. Altmann, “Induced Representations in Crystals and Molecules Point, Space and Nonrigid Molecule Groups”, Academic Press, 1977.Google Scholar
- 12.R. Lemus and A. Frank, “Algebraic Description of a Linear Chain of n-coupled Anharmonic Oscillators”, to be published.Google Scholar
- 13.A.S. Davidov, Solid State Theory. Mir. Moscow. 1981;Google Scholar
- Neil W. Ashcroft and N. David Mermin, Solid State Physics. Rolt-Saunders International Editions 1976.Google Scholar