It is my pleasure to introduce this third Special Issue on Genetic Algorithms (GAs). The articles presented here were selected from preliminary versions presented at the International Conference on Genetic Algorithms in June 1991, as well as at a special Workshop on Genetic Algorithms for Machine Learning at the same Conference.
KeywordsEurope Recombination Brittleness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Back, T., Hoffmeister, F., & Schwefel, H.–P. (1991). A survey of evolution strategies.Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Genetic Algorithms(pp. 2–9). San Mateo, CA: Morgan Kaufmann.Google Scholar
- Davis, L. (Ed.). (1991).Handbook of genetic algorithms.New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold.Google Scholar
- De Jong, K.A. (1990). Genetic-algorithm-based learning. In Y. Kodratoff & R. Michalski (Eds.)Machine learn-ing: An artifical intelligence approach(Vol. 3). San Mateo, CA: Morgan Kaufmann.Google Scholar
- Goldberg, D.E. (1989).Genetic algorithms in search optimization and machine learning.Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.Google Scholar
- Grefenstette, J.J., Ramsey, C.L., & Schultz, A.C. (1990). Learning sequential decision rules using simulation models and competition.Machine Learning5(4), 335–381.Google Scholar
- Holland, J.H. (1975).Adaptation in natural and artificial systems. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.Google Scholar
- Holland, J.H. (1986). Escaping brittleness: The possibilities of general-purpose learning algorithms applied to parallel rule-based systems. In R.S. Michalski, J.G. Carbonnell, & T.M. Mitchell (Eds.)Machine learning: An artificial intelligence approach(Vol. 2). Los Altos, CA: Morgan KaufmannGoogle Scholar
- Rawlins, G.J.E. (Ed.). (1991).Foundations of genetic algorithms.San Mateo, CA: Morgan Kaufmann.Google Scholar
- Whitley, D. (Ed.). (1992).Foundations of genetic algorithms 2.San Mateo, CA: Morgan Kaufmann.Google Scholar
- Wilson, S.W. (1987). Classifier systems and the animat problem.Machine Learning2, 199–228.Google Scholar