ATM traffic Control Using Neural Networks
Multimedia information services including voice, video, and data signals are growing rapidly, increasing the demand for the broadband integrated services digital network (B-ISDN) that will provide high-speed communication channels suitable for transporting multimedia signals efficiently . The asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) is a key B-ISDN technology [2, 3] and many communication research laboratories and vendors have been actively pursuing the research and development of ATM systems since the early 1980’s. The ATM interface and protocol have been standardized at ITU-TS (CCITT)  and products based on ATM technology have already been released . Applications of ATM communication channels operating at hundreds of megabits per second are being investigated , and the deployment of ATM technology is expected to change the traditional architecture of public and private networks .
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kulzer, J.J., and W. A. Montgomery, “Statistical switching architectures for future services,” Int’l Switching Symposium, 1984, pp. 43A1.1.1–6.Google Scholar
- Turner, J. S., “New direction in communications,” Int’l Zürich Seminar, 1986, pp.A3.1–8.Google Scholar
- Biagioni, E., E. Coopre, and R. Sansom, “Designing a Practical ATM LAN,” IEEE Network, March 1993, pp. 32–39.Google Scholar
- Wright, D. J., M. Wright, W. Verbiest, N. Shimasaki, and M. De Prycker, Eds., “B-ISDN Applications and Economics,” IEEE J. Sel. Areas in Commun., 10, 9, December 1992.Google Scholar
- Zegura, E. W., “Architecture for ATM Switching Systems,” IEEE Commun. Mag., February 1993, pp. 28–37.Google Scholar
- Stephens, W. E., M. DePrycker, F. A. Tobagi, and T. Yamaguchi, Eds., “Large-scale ATM Switching Systems for B-ISDN,” IEEE J. Sel. Areas in Commun., 9, 8, October 1991.Google Scholar
- Eckberg, A. E., “B-ISDN/ATM Traffic and Congestion Control,” IEEE Network, September 1992, pp. 28–37.Google Scholar
- Shoraby, K., L. Fratta, I. S. Gopal, and A. A. Lazar, Eds., “Congestion Control in High-speed Packet Switched Networks,” IEEE J. Sel. Areas in Commun., 9, 7, September 1991.Google Scholar
- Yazid, S., and H. T. Mouftah, “Congestion Control Methods for BISDN,” IEEE Commun. Mag., July 1992, pp. 42–47.Google Scholar
- Wernik M., O. Aboul-Magd, and H. Gilbert, “Traffic Management for B-ISDN Services,” IEEE Network, September 1992, pp. 10–19.Google Scholar
- Rumelhart, D. E., G. E. Hinton, and R. J. Williams, “Learning internal representations by error propagation,” in Ed. D. E. Rumelhart, J. L. McClelland, and the PDP Research Group, “Parallel distributed processing,” vol. I, Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1986.Google Scholar
- Narendra, K., and P. Mars, “A study of telephone traffic routing using learning algorithms,” IEEE Int’l Conf. of Commun., 1981, pp. 55.4.1–5.Google Scholar