An Efficient, CAD-Oriented Model for the Characteristic Parameters of Multiconductor Buses in High-Speed Digital GaAs ICs
The paper presents a unified, quasi-TEM closed-form exact characterization of coplanar multiconductor buses for digital GaAs ICs. The model allows for buses of arbitrary geometry (i.e., having arbitrary strip widths and spacings) and accounts for the coupling between nonneighboring conductors. The analysis is based on a dual conformai mapping technique which leads to exact closed-form expressions for the per-unit-length capacitance and inductance matrices of the line in terms of hyperelliptic integrals, whose numerical evaluation can be efficiently performed through Gauss-Chebyshev quadrature formulae. Results are presented to demonstrate the accuracy and efficiency of the approach.
KeywordsMicrowave GaAs Gallium Coupler Arsenide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S.I. Long and S.E. Butler, Gallium Arsenide Digital Integrated Circuit Design, McGraw-Hill: New York, 1990.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Hoffmann, Integrierte Mikrowellenschaltungen, Springer-Verlag: Berlin, 1983.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Ghione, “A Unified Quasi-TEM Analysis of Multiconductor Coplanar Couplers for MMIC Applications,” in preparation.Google Scholar
- 6.G. Ghione and C. Naldi, “Exact CAD-Oriented Analysis of Complementary Multi-slot and Multi-strip Coplanar Multiconductor Lines for Digital and Analog MIC Applications,” Proc. Int. Microwave Symp., Sao Paulo, 1989.Google Scholar
- 8.L.J.P. Linner, “A Method for the Computation of the Characteristic Immittance Matrix of Multiconductor Striplines with Arbitrary Widths,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. MTT-22, No. 11, pp. 903–937, 1974.Google Scholar
- 10.G. Ghione and C. Naldi, “Coplanar Couplers for Hybrid and Monolithic MIC Applications,” Proc. MIOP 88, Paper 7B.2, 1988.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Siegl, V. Tulaja, and R. Hoffmann, “General Analysis of Inter-digitated Microstrip Couplers,” Siemens Forsch. Entwickl.-Ber., Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 228–236, 1981.Google Scholar
- 13.H. Exton, Handbook of Hypergeometric Integrals, Ellis Hor-wood: Chichester, 1983.Google Scholar
- 15.D. Homentcovschi, Complex Variable Functions and Applications in Science and Technique, Ed. Tehnică, Bucharest, 1986. (in Romanian)Google Scholar