Real-time control strategies for multiple-load AGVs
One of the main issues in any manufacturing facility is the management of material movement between work areas. With the current trend towards fully automated and integrated manufacturing environments, an efficient material handling system becomes even more important. Productivity and flexibility, which are the primary benefits of automation technology, could be significantly enhanced by a carefully designed material handling system.
KeywordsMachine Center Unit Load Task List Fleet Size Output Queue
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Egbelu, P.J. and Tanchoco, J.M.A. (1982) Operational Considerations for the Design of Automatic Guided Vehicle Based Material Handling Systems. Technical Report No. 8201, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, Blacksburg, VA.Google Scholar
- Egbelu, P.J. (1987) Integration of Unit Load Selection in the Design of AGV Based Automated Manufacturing Shop. Proceedings IXth International Conference on Production Research, Cincinnati, OH, pp. 2159–66.Google Scholar
- Hodgson, T.J., King, R.E. and Monteith, S.K. (1987) Developing control rules for an AGVS using Markov decision processes. Material Flow, 4(1–2), 85–96.Google Scholar
- Solberg, J.J. and McGillem, C.D. (1987) An intelligent factory transport system, in Automated Guided Vehicle Systems, ed. R.H. Hollier, pp. 333–44, IFS Publications/Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Steudel, H.J. and Moon, H.K. (1987) Selection of Unit Load Size for Automated guided Vehicles in Large Cellular Manufacturing Environments. Proceedings IXth International Conference on Production Research, Cincinnati, OH, 2189–209.Google Scholar
- Tanchoco, J.M.A., Wysk. R.A., Davis, R.P. and Agee, M.H. (1979) Economic Unit Loads and Its Impact on Material Flow Systems Planning. Fall IE Conference Proceedings, pp. 141–7.Google Scholar
- Tanchoco, J.M.A., Egbelu, P.J. and Taghaboni, F. (1987) Determination of the total number of vehicles in an AGV-based system. Material Flow, 4(1–2), 33–51.Google Scholar