LBL contracted to design, contract, and test four short (Im) models and six full-size (5m) models of the Superconducting Super Collider (SSC) main-ring 5 meter focusing quadrupole magnet (211 Tesla/meter). The training performance of these magnets are herein summarized.
KeywordsHelium Epoxy Immobilization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. E. Taylor, et al; IEEE Trans, on Mag., vol. 27, No. 2, March 1991.Google Scholar
- S. Caspi, “The 40mm SSC Arc Quadrupole — Magnetic Design,” SC-MAG-314, LBID-1677, November 1990.Google Scholar
- D. Dell’Orco, “Finite Element Analysis of the QC Quadrupole Magnet for the SSC,” LBL-29600, October 1989.Google Scholar
- M. I. Green et al., “Measurements of Magnetization Multipoles in Four Centimeter Quadrupoles for the SSC,” Cryogenic Engr. Conf., Huntsville, AL, June 11-14, 1991.Google Scholar
- J. M. Cortella, et al., “Mech. Prop, of 5m SSC Quadrupoles,” Proc. of ASC, Chicago, Aug. 1992, SC-MAG401.Google Scholar
- A. F. Lietzke, et al., “Quadrupole Magnets for the SSC,” Proc. of ASC, Chicago, August 1992, SC-MAG 400.Google Scholar
- P. J. Barale, et al., “Magnetic Meas. of 5 Meter Quadrupoles at LBL, (paper IV-C-2, this conference).Google Scholar