Analog Modeling Using MHDL
A thorough description of the evolving MIMIC Hardware Description Language (MHDL) is presented from the perspective of an analog modeler or designer. Analog simulation issues pertinent to MHDL description are discussed. This includes both transient and steady-state simulation perspectives. Several modeling examples demonstrate the concepts. Simulation issues related to these examples, as well as MHDL- simulator interactions in general, are also discussed.
KeywordsMicrowave GaAs Convolution Prefix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Barton-94]D. Barton, “Issues in Mixed Mode Simulation Using VHDL and MHDL”, Proc. of Int. Conf. on Simulation and HDLs (SHDL′94), Tempe, AZ, January 1994, Paper 2-2, publ. by Society for Computer Simulation (SCS).Google Scholar
- [Fitzpatrick-95]D. Fitzpatrick, K. Kundert, “Simplified Formulation Methodology for Describing Analog Behavior”, Proc. of Int. Conf. on Electronic HDLs (ICEHDL′95), Las Vegas, NV, January 1995, Paper III.4, publ. by Society for Computer Simulation (SCS).Google Scholar
- [LRM-94]“MHDL Language Reference Manual (LRM)”, Version 2.0, Draft Working Document of IEEE SCC-30, MHDL Study Group.Google Scholar
- [MRD-91]“MHDL Requirements Document”, Edition 1, August 1991, publ. Army Reserach Laboratory, Fort Monmouth, NJ.Google Scholar
- [Saleh-94]R. Saleh, D. Rhodes, E. Christen, B. Antao, “Analog Hardware Description Languages”, Proc. of Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC′94), May 1-4 1994, paper 15.1.Google Scholar
- [SRD-94]“SCC-30 Requirements Document”, Version Draft 1, Draft Working Document of IEEE SCC-30.Google Scholar
- [TIRM-94]“MHDL Tool Integrator’s Reference Manual”, Version 2.0, March 1994, publ. Intermetrics Incorporated, McLean, VA.Google Scholar
- [VHDL-93]“VHDL Language Reference Manual/1993”, IEEE Standards.Google Scholar
- [Zhou-91]W. Y. Zhou, H. W. Carter, 1991, “AnaVHDL: A Mixed Mode Simulation Capability Using SPICE and VHDL”, Proc. of VHDL User’s Group Conference, Spring 1991.Google Scholar