As the nuclear power industry has matured, engineering emphasis has shifted from new construction-related design to operational considerations. Although many of the topics covered in previous chapters are relevant to plant operations, we are devoting a separate chapter to subjects that are particularly operations related.
KeywordsCombustion Fatigue Steam Transportation Boron
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Rahn F. J., et al., “A Guide to Nuclear Power Technology,” John Wiley & Sons, 1984, Chap. 12.Google Scholar
- 1.R. G. Rosenstein et al., “Proc. Topical Meeting on Advances in Fuel Management,” Pinehurst, NC, American Nuclear Society, 1986.Google Scholar
- 2.K. M. Taylor and A. Williams, Trans. Am. Nucl. Soc., 63, 388 (1991).Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Fujita et al., Nucl. Technol., 95, 116 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.R. E. Uhrig, Nucl. Safety, 32, 68 (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.“National Energy Strategy, 1991/1992,” U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.“Final Rule on Nuclear Power Plant License Renewal,” U.S. NRC Report SECY 91–138, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.T. E. Murley, Nucl. Safety, 31, 1 (1990).Google Scholar
- 8.T. J. Griesbach, Trans. Am. Nucl. Soc., 64, 263 (1991).Google Scholar
- R. I. Smith et al., U.S. NRC Report NUREG/CR-0130, 1984.Google Scholar
- 10.F. P. Crimi, Trans. Am. Nucl. Soc., 56, 72 (1978).Google Scholar
- 11.K. W. Sieving, Trans. Am. Nucl. Soc., 67, 219 (1993).Google Scholar