In Tribute and Memory of Dr. Aleksander Pilarski
A dear friend and colleague to many of us in the Nondestructive Testing Community, Dr. Aleksander Pilarski, passed away on January 6, 1994. “Olek” as he was known to us, has made many contributions to QNDE in the past decade. A brief review and highlights of his life and professional career are outlined in this brief tribute.
- Pilarski, A., “Ultrasonic Wave Propagation in Layered Medium Under Different Boundary Conditions”, Archives of Acoustics, 7,1, pp. 61–70 (1982).Google Scholar
- Pilarski, A., Rose, J.L., “A Transverse Wave Ultrasonic Oblique Incidence Technique for Interfacial Weakness Detection in Adhesive Bonds”, J. Appl. Physics, 63, (2), (1988).Google Scholar
- Pilarski.A., Rose, J.L., Balasubramanian, K. Dale, J., “Utilization of Oblique Incidence in Acousto-Ultrasonics”, Proceedings of the Acousto-Ultrasonics: Theory and Application- Blacksburg, Virginia, 12-15 (1987).Google Scholar
- Pilarski, A., Rose, J.L., “Lamb Wave Mode Selection Concepts for Interfacial Weakness Analysis”, J. NDE, Vol. 11, Nos. 3/4, (1992).Google Scholar
- Pilarski, A., Ditir, J.J., Rajana, K., Rose, J.L., “Utilization of Nonzero-Order Symmetric Lamb Wave Modes at the First Critical Angle”, Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation, Vol.13, Plenum Press, (1994).Google Scholar