Soliton — Polariton Interaction Near an Excitonic Resonance in Semiconductors
Basic linear and nonlinear optical properties and dynamics of elementary excitations in bulk semiconductors have been reviewed in several lectures (L.Andreani, R.Ulbrich). Here we discuss a novel subject of interest — the nonlinear resonant interaction between polariton solitons and other polariton waves in semiconductor crystals.
KeywordsWave Packet Soliton Solution Spatial Dispersion Kerr Nonlinearity Discrete Energy Level
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.I.B. Talanina, M.A. Collins, and V.M. Agranovich, Polariton solitons in semiconductors, Solid State Commun. (1993), in press.Google Scholar
- 7.V.M. Agranovich and V.L. Ginzburg, “Spatial Dispersion in Crystal Optics and The Theory of Excitons,” Interscience Publishers, London (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.E.S. Koteles, Investigation of exciton-polariton dispersion using laser techniques, in: “Excitons”, E.I. Rashba and M.D. Sturge, ed., North-Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam (1982).Google Scholar
- 9.I.B. Talanina, M.A. Collins, and V.M. Agranovich, Polariton trapping by a soliton near an excitonic resonance, to be published.Google Scholar
- 10.L.D. Landau and E.M. Lifshitz, “Quantum Mechanics,” Pergamon Press, Oxford (1974).Google Scholar