Calculation of the Electric and the Magnetic Field Generated by Busbar Systems
More and more people ask questions on eventual influence of electric and magnetic fields. Therefore, accurate numerical prediction methods for geometrically difficult configurations are important to compare with measured values. In this way standards can be checked during design. For magnetic fields the International Radiation Protection Association (IRPA) proposes the limiting values as shown in table 1.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Holaday Industries - 3604, “ELF Field Strength Measurement System: User Manual”.Google Scholar
- IEEE Standards Board / American National Standards Institute / Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 1987, “IEEE Standard Procedures for Measurement of Power Frequency Electric and Magnetic Fields from AC Power Lines”, ANSI / IEEE Std 644 –1987.Google Scholar
- Infolytica Corparation, “MagNet 5 Reference Manual”.Google Scholar
- International Radiation Protection Association (IRPA), “Interim Guidelines on Limits of Exposure to 50 / 60 Hz Electric and Magnetic Fileds”, Health Physics 58, p. 113–122.Google Scholar
- Silvester, P.P., Ferrari, R.L., 1990, “Finite Elements for Electrical Engineers”, Cambridge University Press, 2nd Edition.Google Scholar