Minimax: Progress and Plans
It is a great honor to be a part of this conference in recognition of the achievements of Dr. Rolf Hagedorn. His work on the statistical thermodynamics of strongly interacting systems has certainly had a great influence on me. I first carefully studied his work 10 years ago, when I was a beginning post-doctoral fellow excited by the promises of string theory. More recently, his work undoubtedly influenced the way that I (with J. D. Bjorken and K. L Kowalski) tackled the problem of constructing a model for the formation of disoriented chiral condensates. It has been a delight to finally meet and interact with Dr. Hagedorn.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Over a decade ago T. D. Lee speculated about the possibility of “vacuum engineering” in Particle Physics and Introduction to Field Theory (Harwood Academic Publishers, New York, 1981), p. 826.Google Scholar
- A. Krzywicki, talk at the Workshop on QCD Vacuum Structure, Paris, June 1992, “Collective Pion Emission and QCD Vacuum Structure”.Google Scholar
- 5.J. D. Bjorken, Int. J. Mod. Phys. A7, 18, 4189 (1992).Google Scholar
- J. D. Bjorken Acta. Physica Polonica B23, 561 (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.K. L. Kowalski and C. C. Taylor, CWRUTH-92-6, hep-ph/9211282 (1992).Google Scholar
- 8.J. D. Bjorken, K. L. Kowalski, and C. C. Taylor, SLAC-PUB-6109; proceedings of Les Rencontres de Physique de la Vallee D’Aoste, La Thuile, March, 1993.Google Scholar
- 9.V. Karmanov and A. Kudryavtsev, ITEP-88, 1983.Google Scholar
- 14.L. Jones, contribution to this conference.Google Scholar
- 15.Fermilab Proposal T-864 (J. Bjorken and C. Taylor, spokesmen), “MiniMax”, 1 April 1993, unpublished.Google Scholar
- 16.Memorandum of Understanding, Fermilab Experiment T-864, June 26, 1993.Google Scholar
- 17.J. D. Bjorken, K. L. Kowalski and C. C. Taylor, Proceedings of the Workshop on Physics at Current Accelerators and the Supercollider, p. 637 (1993).Google Scholar