Legislation Relating to Electronic Web Commerce Created at the European Union Level, Implementation in Finland, Role of the Authorities
Network trade does not as yet seem to interest Finns. According to the study conducted by Gallup Finland in March (Gallup Finland Web Ltd., 2000), buying over the Web is still rare. According to the study, every fifth household in Finland has access to the Internet, but only fewer than one-tenth of those replying had been buying services or products over the Web within the last six months and three out of four did not consider the Internet an attractive place to shop. According to the study the reason likely to delay electronic commerce is the fact that over one-fourth doubts the security of buying over the Internet. Nor does the swarming of new technologies to electronic commerce seem to help the launching of electronic commerce, because according to the study over 60 per cent knew very little of the WAP services and even fewer were interested in them. The consumers still seem to be holding back.
KeywordsEurope Marketing Sorting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aarnio, Reijo. 2000. Tietosuoja [Data Security] 1/2000, an article Europa, the European Union’s server: http://europa.eu.int/comm/internal...newsletter/edition_18/page20_en.htm IP/00/442. (2000). A press release. Brussels. (4 May 2000).Google Scholar
- Gallup Finland Ltd. (1999). Web/Gallup Web Commerce. (December 1999).Google Scholar
- Gallup Finland Web Ltd. (2000). Web commerce study. (March 2000)Google Scholar
- Hilden, Riitta. 1999. Nettikaupalla ei vieläkään pelisääntöjä [Still no rules for web trade]. In Taloussanomat 76 B: page 28Google Scholar
- Nikali, Heikki. 1998. The Substitution of Letter Mail in Targeted Communication. Helsinki: Finland Post Ltd, Quality and Business Development. Research Publications 27/1998. (May).Google Scholar
- Nikali, Heikki. 2000a. Postipalvelujen kysyntäennusteita vuoteen 2010 [Demand forecasts of postal services until the year 2010]. Helsinki, Finland Post Ltd, Business Research. Research Publications 2/2000: pages 14–18. (March).Google Scholar
- Nikali, Heikki, and F. Söderholm. 2000. Kirjeliikenteen sisältötutkimus, Kevät 2000 [Content study of letter services, Spring 2000]. Helsinki, Finland Post Ltd, Business Research. Research Publications 10/2000. (May).Google Scholar
- Taloussanomat. 2000. Boo.comin konkurssi ei tullut yllätyksenä [The bankruptcy of Boo.com was no surprise]. (19 May 2000): page 23Google Scholar
- Tuunanen, Virpi. 1999. Different Models of Electronic Commerce, Integration of Value Chains and Business Processes. Helsinki School of Economics and Business Administration.Google Scholar
- Vilkonen, Laura. 2000. Sähköistä kaupankäyntiä koskeva direktiiviehdotus [Proposal for Directive on electronic commerce]. In Defensor Legis No 2. 2000: pages 350–1Google Scholar
- Wassenaar Arrangement on Export Controls for Conventional Arms and Dual-Use Goods and Technologies: http://www.wassenaar.org.