Security Testing of an Online Banking Service
Online banking and electronic commerce have become an everyday reality for millions of users. Almost every large banking institution offers services such as account management, fund transfers, automatic payments, and investments through the Internet. The quality of the provided services has become a driving factor in user selection of a banking institution. Given the critical nature of the services provided, banks and financial institutions are investing substantial resources in the implementation of sophisticated financial applications that are appealing to the end-user. In the design and implementation of these applications developers face a trade-off between user-friendliness and security.
KeywordsControl Digit Branch Number Account Number Security Test Online Banking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Bellovin, 1990]Bellovin, S. (1990). Security Problems in the TCP/IP Protocol Suite.Computer Communications Review19(2).Google Scholar
- [Bisbey et al., 1975]Bisbey, R., Popek, G., and Carlstadt, J. (1975). Inconsistency of a Single Data Value Over Time. Technical Report ISI/SR-75–4, USC Information Sciences Institute.Google Scholar
- [Dean et al., 1996]
- [Dittrich, 1999]Dittrich, D. (1999). The DoS Project’s “trinoo” distributed denial of service attack tool. http://staff.washington.edu/dittrich/misc/ddos/
- [dos Santos, 1997]dos Santos, A. (1997). Another way to exploit local classes in Java. Risks 19.41.Google Scholar
- [Freier et al., 1996]Freier, A., Karlton, P., and Kocher, P. (1996). The SSL Protocol Version 3.0. INTERNET-DRAFT.Google Scholar
- [Ghosh, 1998]Ghosh, A. K. (1998).E-Commerce Security: Weak Links Best Defenses. John Wiley and Sons.Google Scholar
- [Lindholm and Yellin, 1999]Lindholm, T. and Yellin, F. (1999).The Java Virtual Machine Specification.Addison- Wesley, 2nd edition.Google Scholar
- [Paoli et al., 1998]Paoli, F. D., dos Santos, A., and Kemmerer, R. (1998).Web BrowsersS and er Scienecurityvolume 1419 ofLecture Notes in Computcepages 235–256. Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar