Financial Market Reaction to the Fast Food Hamburger Health Scare of 1993
In 1993 a bacteria epidemic killed several children in the Pacific Northwest. The bacteria was a virulent strain of E. coli and was traced to undercooked hamburgers at Jack-in-the-Box restaurants. The outbreak was the largest and most serious for E. coli with a total of 400 confirmed or probable instances. Ultimately the tainted hamburgers forced 125 people to be admitted to a hospital and led to kidney failure in 29 people.
KeywordsStock Price Alternative Specific Constant Retail Establishment Estimate Regression Model Disposable Personal Income
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.