Parallel Algorithms for Generation and Assembly of Finite Element Matrices
The solution of simultaneous linear equations or eigenvalue equations can be considered as a major component of many existing finite element codes, since it represents a major fraction of CPU time for the solution process in statics, free vibration, transient response, structural optimization, and control structure interaction (CSI) of large-scale, flexible space structures. Researchers are endeavoring to develop efficient parallel algorithms for solving large systems of linear equations, eigenvalue equations, and much progress has been recently reported in the literature [3.1–3.7].
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Storaasli, O.O., Nguyen, D.T., and Agarwal, T.K., (also inProceeding of the 30th AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS Structures,Structural Dynamics and Materials ConferenceMobil, AL, April 3-5, 1989, pp. 859–867).Google Scholar
- 3.33 Qin, J., Gray, C.E. Jr., Mei, C., and Nguyen, D.T., “Parallel-Vector Equation Solver for Unsymmetric Matrices on Supercomputers,”Proceedings of the NASA-USAF Symposium on Parallel Methods on Large-Scale Structural Analysis and Physics ApplicationsHampton, VA,February 5-6, 1991.Google Scholar
- 3.4Qin, J., and Nguyen, D.T., “ANew Parallel-Vector Finite Element Analysis Software on Distributed Memory Computers,” Proceedings of the AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS 34th SDM Conference, La Jolla, CA (April 19-22, 1993).Google Scholar
- 3.5Maker, B.N., Qin, J. and Nguyen, D.T., “Performance of NIKE3D with PVSOLVE on Vector and Parallel Computers,” Computing Systems In Engineering Journal (1995).Google Scholar
- 3.6Qin, J., Nguyen, D.T., and Zhang, Y., “Parallel-Vector Lanczos Eigensolver for Structural Vibration Problems,” in Proceeding of Fourth International Conference on Recent Advances in Structural Dynamics, July 15-18, London, UK, 1991.Google Scholar
- 3.7Qin, J., and Nguyen, D.T., “A Parallel-Vector Equation Solver for Distributed-Memory Computers,” presented at The 2nd Symposium on Parallel Computational Methods for Large Scale Structural Analysis and Design, February 24-25, 1993, Norfolk, VA.Google Scholar
- 3.8Baddourah, M.A., “Parallel-Vector Computation for Geometrically Nonlinear Frame Structural Analysis and Design Sensitivity Analysis,” Ph.D. Thesis, Old Dominion University, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, (1991).Google Scholar
- 3.99 Baddourah, M.A., Storaasli, O.O., Carmona, E.A. and Nguyen, D.T., “A Fast Parallel Algorithm for Generation and Assembly of Finite Element Stiffness and Mass Matrices.” Proceedings of the AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS 32ndSDM Conference, Baltimore, MD (April 8-10, 1991).Google Scholar
- 3.11Belvin, W.K., Elliott, K.E., Bruner, A., Sulla, J., and Bailey, J., “The LaRC CSI Phase-O Evolutionary Model Tested: Design and Experimental Results,Proceedings of the Fourth Annual NASA/DOD Conference on Control/Structure Interaction TechnologyOrlando, Florida, November 5-7, 1990.Google Scholar
- 3.13Jordan, H.F., Benten, M.S., Arenstorf, N.S., and Ramann, A.V., “Force User’s Manual: A Portable Parallel FORTRAN” NASA CR 4265, January 1990.Google Scholar