Dose Distribution in 157Gd and 10B Containing Phantoms Subsequent to Irradiation with Thermal Neutrons
Studies on the distribution of irradiation doses in phantoms with gadolinium have been carried out at the research nuclear reactor IRT MEPhI in Moscow in accordance with the Russian project “Neutron Capture Therapy” for malignant tumors.
KeywordsTumor Model Thermal Neutron Dose Distribution Neutron Capture Thermal Neutron Flux
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I.A. Bochvar, T.I. Gimadova, I.B. Keyrim-Markus, et al. “The Method of IKS Dosimetry,” Atomizdat, Moscow, 1977, pp. 41–49, 58.Google Scholar
- 2.S.N. Kraitor. “Dosimetry for Radiation Accidents,” I.B. Keyrim-Markus (ed), Atomizdat, Moscow, 1979, pp. 167–246.Google Scholar
- 3.Briesmeister J.F. MCNP-4A General Monte-Carlo N-Particle Transport Code. Version 4A, Los Alamos National Laboratory report, LA-12625, 1995.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Stepanek. Radiation spectrum of 158Gd and radial dose distribution. Advances in Neutron Capture Therapy. Volume II, Chemistry and Biology. Proceeding of the Seventh International Symposium on Neutron Capture Therapy for Cancer. Switzerland 4–7 September 1996. Elsevier Science B.V. 1997. pp. 425–429.Google Scholar
- 5.ICRU report No. 33. Washington, 1985.Google Scholar
- 6.T. Matsumoto, K. Kato, Y. Sakuma. Phantom experiment of depth-dose distributions for gadolinium neutron capture therapy. Proccedings of the Fifth International Symposium on Advanced Nuclear Energy Research, 1993, pp. 892–898.Google Scholar
- 7.Y. Akine, N. Tokita et al. Gadolinium neutron capture therapy: preclinical studius. Proccedings of the Fifth International Symposium on Advanced Nuclear Energy Research, 1993, pp. 878–885.Google Scholar
- 8.D.P. Osanov, V.P. Krjuchkov, A.I. Shaks. Determination of beta radiation doses received by personel involved in the mitigation of the Chernobyl accident. The Chernobyl Papers. V.l. Research Enerpr. N.-Y. 1990, pp. 313–346.Google Scholar