3D Image Based Collaboration System for Telemedicine
This paper describes a 3D image based collaboration system for telemedicine. This system enables doctor to observe 3D images transferred from image database through network, and also has collaboration function which operate 3D position of viewing of each doctor by 3D image displaying and data transferring through network. It is constructed based on server client style, and the server has the function of transferring data from a 3D image database and a collaboration record database, and also has control unit of transferring data between doctors during operating the system. The client has a user interface including operation part for parameter selection of viewing and sending comments, and display part for displaying 3D image based on volume rendering and 3D position and direction of observer by using avatar. Doctors can use this system to do collaboration work by sending comments with viewing 3D image each other. We implement this system in different platform including UNIX workstation and PC, and also supply Web browser based user interface for considering various user environments. We applied the 3D images of MRI in head for examining the structure of soft tissues and tumor in detail. We also evaluated the performance of the system through network including LAN and Internet, and experimental result shows that this system is useful.
Key words3D Medical image Volume rendering Collaboration Avatar Telemedicine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. Itai, K. Katada, N. Kobayashi, 1996, Japanese Journal of Clinical Radiology 41, Kinbara.Google Scholar
- This is Medicine in Japan, 2000, ME, pp. 145–153.Google Scholar
- 3.K. Hosoya, Y. Kato, A. Kawanobe, S. Kakuta, and Y. Fukuhara,, 1997, Collaborative Educational Environment Based on Multi-User Virtual Space, IEICE, V0I.J8O-D-II, No.4, pp.866–873.Google Scholar
- 4.I. Pyarali, 1996, Design and Performance of an Object-Oriented Framework for High-Speed Electronic Medical Imaging Computing Systems Journal, USENIX, Vol. 9, No. 3.Google Scholar
- Medical Collaboratory Testbed, published on the WWW, http://www.si.umichedu/medcollab/index.htmlGoogle Scholar
- Dx Multimodality, published on the WWW, http://medasys.co.jpGoogle Scholar
- T. Matsuda, A STUDY ON AUTOMATIC RECONSTRUCTION OF THE 3D SOLID SKULL MODEL USING COMPUTER TOMOGRAPHY DATA, Published on the WWW,http://pegasus.sfc.keio.ac.jpMatsuki/master/Main.htmlGoogle Scholar
- Virtual Society, published on the WWW, http://vs.sony.co.jp/.Google Scholar