Intelligent Agents and Granular Worlds
In the previous chapters, we discussed the principle of communication between granular worlds. We have not looked at the architectural and algorithmic details of these worlds. This is the objective of this chapter. We get into detail of intelligent agents embedded in the corresponding granular worlds. A general topology of a finite state machine and more specifically fuzzy finite state machine is discussed as a comprehensive computing model. These models are particularly appealing because of their memory-based processing (so we are really concerned with dynamic systems). The underlying design process immensely benefits from available learning schemes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bargiela, A., Pedrycz, W., Hirota, K. (2002), Logic-based granular prototyping, Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems Conference, SCIS 2002, Tsukuba, Japan, Oct. 2002.Google Scholar
- Cicalese, F., Di Nola, A., Loia, V. (1999), A fuzzy evolutionary framework for adaptive agents, Proc 13 th Int ACM symp. of Applied Computing, 29 Feb – 2 March, 1999, San Antonio, TX, ACM Press.Google Scholar
- Cerri S.A. (1997), Shifting the focus from control to communication: the STReams Objects Environments model of communicating agents. In: Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, vol. 1624, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pp. 115–131.Google Scholar
- Hill, F.J., Peterson, G.R.(1981), Introduction to Switching Theory & Logic Design, J. Wiley, N. York.Google Scholar
- Mori, Y., Otsuka, K., Mukaidono, M. (1995), Properties of fuzzy sequential circuit using fuzzy transition matrix and their design method, In: Proc. IEEE Conf, Yokohama, Japan, pp. 2133–2138.Google Scholar
- Pedrycz, W. (1995), Fuzzy Set Engineering, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fl.Google Scholar
- Pedrycz, W., F. Gomide,F. (1998), Fuzzy Sets: An Introduction. Analysis and Design, MIT Press.Google Scholar
- Roth, CH. (1995), Fundamentals of Logic Design, PWS Publishing Company, Boston.Google Scholar
- Wagealla, W., Osman, T., Bargiela, A. (2002), Error detection algorithm for agent-based distributed applications, Agent Based Simulations Conference, Passau, 106–110.Google Scholar