Existence of Good Codes with Low Peak-to-Average Power Ratios for Multicarrier Communications
An appendum to a theorem of Shannon is proved. It is proved that that there exists asymptotically good codes of length n, whose peak-to-average power ratio for multicarrier communications is at most 8 log n.
KeywordsPower Ratio Good Code OFDM Signal Average Power Ratio OFDM Transmission
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. E. Jones and T. A. Wilkinson, “Combined Coding Error Control and Increased Robustness to System Nonlinearities in OFDM,” Proceedings of the IEEE 46th Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 904–908, Atlanta, GA, 1996.Google Scholar
- S. H. Müller, R. W. Bäuml, R. F. H. Fischer, and J. B. Huber, “OFDM with Reduced Peak-to-Average Power Ratio by Multiple Signal Representation,” Annales des Télécommunications, vol. 52, pp. 58–67, 1997.Google Scholar
- R. D. J. van Nee, “OFDM Codes for Peak-to-Average Power Reduction and Error Correction,” Proceedings of the IEEE Globecom 1996, pp. 740–744, London, 1996.Google Scholar
- H. Ochiai and H. Imai, “Block Coding Scheme Based on Complementary Sequences for Multicarrier Signals,” IEICE Transaction Fundamentals, pp. 2136–2143, 1997.Google Scholar
- K. G. Paterson and A. E. Jones, “Efficient Decoding Algorithms for Generalized Reed-Muller Codes,” IEEE Transactions on Communication, to appear.Google Scholar
- C. E. Shannon, “Probability of Error for Optimal Codes in a Gaussian Channel,” Claude Shannon Collected Papers, IEEE Press, pp. 279–324, 1993.Google Scholar
- T. A. Wilkinson and A. E. Jones, “Minimization of the Peak to Mean Envelope Power Ratio of Multicarrier Transmission Schemes by Block Coding,” Proceedings of the IEEE 45th Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 825–829, Chicago, IL, July 1995.Google Scholar