Thermodynamics and Hyperbolic Systems of Balance Laws in Continuum Mechanics
The class of thermodynamically compatible systems of balance laws with source terms is considered. Every system of this class is hyperbolic and generated by only one thermodynamic potential. Besides, each equation of such system has a conservative form. For instance, equations of motion of elastic condutors and multiphase media are considered.
KeywordsHyperbolic System Compatible System Magnetohydrodynamics Equation Multi Phase Medium Interphase Friction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Godunov S K (1986). Lois de Conservation et Integrales D’energie des Equations Hyperboliques. in Carasso, Raviart, Serre (Editors). Nonlinear Hyperbolic Problems,Springer, pp 135–149 .Google Scholar
- Ruggeri T and Müller I (1999). Rational Extended Thermodynamics. Springer.Google Scholar
- Godunov S K (1972). Symmetric Form of Magnetohydrodynamics Equations. Numerical Methods of Continuum Mechanics (Novosibirsk, Russian) 3, no 1, pp 26–34.Google Scholar
- Godunov S K and Romensky E I (1995). Thermodynamics, Conservation Laws, and Symmetric Forms of Differential Equations in Mechanics of Continuous Media. Hafez and Oshima (Editors). Comput. Fluid Dynamics Review 95, John Wiley & Sons, pp 13–19.Google Scholar
- Landau L D and Lifshitz Ye M (1982). Electrodynamics of Continuous Media. Nauka, Moscow.Google Scholar
- Landau L D and Lifshitz Ye M (1988). Fluid Mechanics. Pergamon Press.Google Scholar
- Resnyansky A D, Milton B E and Romensky E I (1997). A Two-Phase Shock-Wave Model of Hypervelocity Liquid Jet Injection into Air. Proc. JSME Centennial Grand Congress, Int. Conf. on Fluid Engineering, Tokyo, Japan, pp 943–947Google Scholar