Inorganic Nitrogen Compounds
Next, we consider ammonia and its derivatives in the top 50 chemicals. We have completed a study of the number one inorganic chemical sulfuric acid and its derivatives and have also studied industrial gases from which ammonia is made. Ammonia is in the top 10 chemicals and some important ammonia derivatives are listed in the top 50: ammonium nitrate, nitric acid, urea, and ammonium sulfate. Most ammonia eventually ends up in fertilizers of one type or another. The manufacturing chemistry for these chemicals is outlined below.
KeywordsFermentation Dust Urea Foam Sulfuric Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Austin, Shreve’s Chemical Process Industries, pp. 313–318.Google Scholar
- Chemical Profiles in Chemical Marketing Reporter, 11-29-99 and 12-13-99.Google Scholar
- Kent, Riegel’s Handbook of Industrial Chemistry, pp. 1084–1107.Google Scholar
- Thompson, Industrial Inorganic Chemicals: Production and Uses, pp. 149–173.Google Scholar
- Wiseman, Petrochemicals, pp. 141–148.Google Scholar