Some Remarks on the Theory of Relativity and the Naïve Realism
space is not Euclidean
time does not flow with the same speed in any part of the universe: the notion of contemporareity makes no sense and hence any distinction between past and future is meaningless
space and time are mixed together
there is an absolute constant (ħ) which fixes a priori the limits of our knowledge
the material world does not have any reality per se, but instead reality exists as consequence of the operation of measurement performed by an observer (at least at atomic level).
measurements determine not only the present and the future, but also the past (Delayed Choice Experiments).
KeywordsManifold Cage Soliton alBa Electromagnetism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. ABBONDANDOLO, V.BENCI,Solitary waves and Bohmian mechanics, to appear on Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.Google Scholar
- V. BENCI, D. FORTUNATO,Solitons and Particles, to appear on Proc. “International Conference on Nonlinear Differential Equations and Applica- tions” Tata Inst, of Fundamental research, Bangalore, India (August 1996).Google Scholar
- V. BENCI, D. FORTUNATO,Solitons and relativistic dynamics, in. Calculus of Variations and Partial differential equations,.G.Buttazzo, A.Marino and M.K.V. Murty editors, Springer (1999), 285–326.Google Scholar
- V. BENCI, D. FORTUNATO,On the existence of the impossible pilot wave, in Calculus of variationd and differential equations, Ioffe, Reich and Shafrir ed., Chapman & Hall/CRC, (1998), 1–20.Google Scholar
- V. BENCI, D. FORTUNATO,On the equality between gravitational and in ertial mass, to appear onGeometry and Physics, P.Freguglia, G Turehetti ed..Google Scholar
- D. BÖHM, B. HILEY,The Undivided Universe, Routledge, London (1994).Google Scholar
- L. DE BROGLIE, Un tentative d’interprétation causale et non linéaire de la Mécanique ondulatoire: la théorie de la double solution, Gauthier-Villars, Paris, 1958.Google Scholar
- L. De Broglie English traslation: Non-linear wave mechanics, a causal Inter- pretation, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1960.Google Scholar
- I.M. GELFAND, S.V. FOMIN,Calculus of Variations, Prentice-Hall, Engle- wood Cliffs, N.J. 1963.Google Scholar
- O’ NEILL,Semiriemannian Geometry with application to Relativity, Aca- demic Press Inc., New York-London, 1983.Google Scholar
- PENROSE R.,Review of “The Quanum World” by J.C. Polkinghorne,The Times Higher Education Supplement, March 23, 1984.Google Scholar
- POPPER K. R.,Unended quest, an intellectual biography, Fontana-Collins, Glasgow, 1976, p.129.Google Scholar
- F. SELLEEI, On a Phisical and Mathematical Discontinuity in Relatvity Theory, in Open questions in Relativistic Physics, F. Selleri ed., Apeiron, Montreal, (1998), 69–80.Google Scholar
- F. SELLERI,La fisica del Novecento. Per un bilancio critico, Progedit snc, Bari(1999).Google Scholar