Evaluation and Optimization of Strongly Ideal Assemble-to-Order Systems
The contribution of John Buzacott to the Operations Management field cannot be overstated. Grounded in Industrial Engineering his work can be characterized by both practical relevance and mathematical rigor. The practical relevance posed to him extremely challenging mathematical and computational problems. Together with his PhDs and colleagues he has taken up these challenges and made breakthrough contributions to the analysis and design of manufacturing systems. The control concepts he developed for manufacturing systems turn out to have a much wider area of application, in particular to supply chain planning and control.
KeywordsSupply Chain Lead Time Product Structure Penalty Cost Fill Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- AKçAY, Y. AND XU, S.H., Joint Inventory Replenishment and Component Allocation Optimization in an Assemble-to-Order System. Working paper, Penn State University, (2001).Google Scholar
- DE KOK, A.G., Ruin Probabilities with Compounding Assets for Discrete Time Finite Horizon Problems, Independent Period Claim Sizes and General Premium Structure. BETA Working Paper 82. Eindhoven: Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, (2002).Google Scholar
- EPPEN, G. D., AND SCHRAGE L., Centralized Ordering Policies in a Multi-Warehouse System with Leadtimes and Random Demand, in: Multi-Level Production/Inventory Control Systems: Theory and Practice, L. B. Schwarz. Ed., North Holland Amsterdam, 51–69, 1981.Google Scholar
- HOEKSTRA, S. AND ROMME, J.H.J.M., (EDS.) Integral logistic structures: developing customer-oriented goods flow, McGraw Hill, London, 1991.Google Scholar
- PRESS, W.H., TEUKOLSKY, S.A., VETTERING, W.T. AND FLANNERY, B. P., Numerical Recipes in C. 2nd edition, Cambridge University Press, New York, 1994.Google Scholar
- SILVER, E.A., PYKE, D.F. AND PETERSON, R., Inventory Management and Production Planning and Scheduling, Wiley, New York, 1998.Google Scholar
- TIJMS, H.C., Stochastic models: an algorithmic approach, Wiley, Chichester, 1994.Google Scholar