Overview of the AMBIT Approach
- 198 Downloads
• Porter’s five competitive forces.
• The importance of the manufacturing strategy. Performance of the manufacturing function influences the strategic direction of a manufacturing organisation. Therefore, it is vital that there be compatibility between the manufacturing strategy and the business strategy.
• World class manufacturing.
• The extended enterprise and its relation to Porter’s model, the value chain, CIM and the total product cycle view.
• The concept of extended products.
• The reasons for the development of the AMBIT approach.
• How the AMBIT approach has been developed to fulfil the support formalisation required by managers.
• The basic outline of the AMBIT approach.
KeywordsManufacturing strategy customer order fulfilment design coordination co-engineering extended enterprise virtual enterprise extended products value chain product cycle view Porter’s competitive forces investments world class manufacturing formalisation performance measurement and the AMBIT approach
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.We have used this simplistic model of the Extended Enterprise for the AMBIT. We could equally have used a more sophisticated model, for example Figure 3.8 earlier that includes the recycling.Google Scholar