In the development and design of communication systems, the communication engineer is responsible for the optimization of system performance at a reasonable cost. Channel characteristics play a major role in determining system performance. Unfortunately, the engineer has no control over these characteristics. Physical properties dictated channel characteristics and these characteristics must be considered when optimizing system performance.
KeywordsMicrowave Attenuation Coherence Autocorrelation Sine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Petr Beckmann”Probability In Communication Engineering”, Harcourt, Brace and World, 1967.Google Scholar
- Flock W. L., “Propagation Effects On Satellite Systems At Frequencies Below 10 GHz, A Handbook For Satellite Systems Design” 2nd Edition, NASA Reference Publication 1102(02), 1987.Google Scholar
- JAKES W. C. (ED), “Microwave Mobile Commumcations”, Wiley, New York, 1974.Google Scholar
- W. C. Y. Lee, Mobile Commumcations Engineering, New York, McGraw-Hill, 1982.Google Scholar
- A. Whalen, “Detection Of Signals In Noise”, Academic Press, Inc., New York, NY 1971.Google Scholar
- Campbell R. L. and Estus R., “Attenuated Direct And Scattered Wave Propagation On Simulated Land Mobile Satellite Service Paths In The Presence of Trees,” Proceedings. Mobile Satellite Conference, JPL Pub. 88–9, Pp. 101–106, Pasadena, CA, May, 1988.Google Scholar
- Clarke R. H., “A Statistical Theory Of Mobile-Radio Reception,” The Bell System Technical Journal, July-August 1968, Pp. 957–1000.Google Scholar
- Smith W. T. and Stutzman W. L., “Statistical Modeling For Land Mobile Satellite Communications”, Virginia Tech Report EE Satcom 86–3, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, August, 1986.Google Scholar
- Vogel W. J. and Smith E. K, “Propagation Considerations In Land-Mobile Satellite Transmissions,” MSAT-X Report 105, NASA-JPL, Pasadena, Ca, Jan. 1985Google Scholar
- Amoroso F., and Jones W.W., “Modeling Direct Sequence Pseudonoise (DSPN) Signaling With Directional Antennas In The Dense Scatterer Mobile Environment”,38th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Philadelphia, PA, pp. 419–426, June, 1988.Google Scholar
- Vishakantaiah P. and Vogel W. J., “LMSS Drive Simulator For Multipath Propagation,” Proceedings Of Napex Xm, JPL 89–26, San Jose, Ca, June, 1989, pp. 42–47.Google Scholar