Assessing Urban Environmental Sustainability by Means of Indicators: The Case of the Heritage Buildings
Man in developed countries is looking for new and more suitable paradigms of a correct evolution, founded on an improved level of quality of life, on a pollution-free environment and on the availability of rising amount of time to be spent in pleasure and cultural activities.
KeywordsHeat Pump Local Agendum Draft Paper Urban Sustained Development Heritage Building
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Adams R. Melbourne a Green City — Local Perspectives. Draft paper presented to the International Symposium on Sustainable Urban Futures, 1999, September 18–20, Melbourne.Google Scholar
- 2.Barbieri D., Nucara A., Pietrafesa M., Rizzo G. Advanced Energy Saving Laws in the Building Sector: the Italian Case. Accepted for presentation to PLEA ’96 Building and Urban Renewal. 1996, July 16–18, Louvain-la-Neuve.Google Scholar
- 3.Baird G., Alcorn A., Haslam P. The Energy Embodied in Building Materials — Updated NZ Coefficients and their Significance. Centre for Building Performance Research, Victoria University of Wellington, 1997.Google Scholar
- 5.Oliveira Fernandes E. Indicators for Urban Sustained Development. Draft paper presented to the International Symposium on Sustainable Urban Futures, 1999, September 18–20 Melbourne.Google Scholar
- 6.EEC, Guidelines for Ventilation Requirements in Buildings. — Report n. 11. European Concerted Action, COST 613. Commission of the European Communities, Luxembourg, 1992.Google Scholar
- 7.ICLEI, International Council For Local Environmental Initiatives, Local Agenda 21 Participants Handbook — Local Agenda 21 Model Communities Programme. Local Environmental Initiatives. ICLEI, Toronto, 1994.Google Scholar
- 8.Krishan A. Architecture: in Quest for Sustainable Future. Draft paper presented to the International Symposium on Sustainable Urban Futures, 1999, September 18–20, Melbourne.Google Scholar
- 9.Houghton T., Jenkins G.G., Euphraums J.J. Climate Change Working Group I. Scientific Assessment. Cambridge Univ. Press, 1990.Google Scholar
- 10.Regione Siciliana. Palazzo Abatellis. Le Carte dei Musei Regionali Siciliani (in Italian). Assessorato dei Beni Culturali ed Ambientali e della Pubblica Istruzione. Palermo, 1996.Google Scholar
- 11.Rizzo G., Cellura M., La Gennusa M. Availability of Materials Emission Data for Assessing Buildings Ecoprofiles: an Analysis of the Italian Case. Accepted for presentation to The Fourth International Conference on ECOBALANCE. 2000, October 31 — November 02, Tsukuba, Japan.Google Scholar
- 13.Yencken D. Local Environmental Perspectives. Outline and abstract presented to the International Symposium on Sustainable Urban Futures. 1999, September 18–20, Melbourne.Google Scholar