The previous chapter examined MIMO communications from an abstract point of view, with an eye towards all types of MIMO applications. In contrast, this chapter specializes to wireless MIMO applications, which suffer from not only additive noise and multiuser interference but also from multipath fading
KeywordsFading Channel Antenna Array Diversity Order Information Symbol Signaling Interval
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Prasad and M. K. Varanasi, “Analysis of Decision-Feedback Detection for MIMO Rayleigh Fading Channels and Optimum Allocation of Transmitter Powers and QAM Constellations,” in Vroc. Allerton Conf. on Comm. Control, and Comput., Monticello, IL, October 2001.Google Scholar
- 2.G. L. Stuber, Principles of Mobile Communication, Second Edition, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2001.Google Scholar
- 5.B. Raghothaman, G. Mandyam, and R. T. Derryberry, “Performance of Closed Loop Transmit Diversity with Feedback Delay,” 34th Asilomar Conf. Sig., Syst. and Comp., pp. 102–105, 2000.Google Scholar
- 6.TSG RAN WG1 (Radio Layer 1) Specifications, “Transmitter Diversity Solutions for Multiple Antennas,” http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/25_series/25.869/.
- 11.J. Yuan, Z. Chen, B. Vucetic, and W. Firmanto, “Performance Analysis and Design of Space-Time Coding on Fading Channels,” preprint, submitted to IEEE Trans. Comm., 2000.Google Scholar
- 13.I. S. Gradshteyn and I. M. Ryzhik, Tables of Integrals, Series, and Products, Fourth Edition, Academic Press, 1980.Google Scholar