Dynamics of Colloidal Particles
We present a general method for constructing effective one particle dynamics in colloidal systems, which results from a contraction of the description of colloidal mixtures based on the many particles Langevin and Smoluchowski equations. In order to illustrate its applicability, we calculate the long-time self-diffusion coefficient of charged particles, as well as its electrophoretic mobility. The accuracy of our approaches is pointed out by comparison with available experimental data.
KeywordsElectrophoresis diffusion colloids
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Castañeda-Priego, A. Rodríguez-López, M. D. Carbajal-Tinoco, P. González-Mozuelos and J. M. Méndez-Alcaraz, Developments in Mathematical and Experimental Physics, Volume B: Statistical Physics and Beyond, edited by Alfredo Macias, Enrique Díaz, Francisco J. Uribe, (Kluwer Academic/Plenum Press 2002).Google Scholar
- J. P. Hansen and I. R McDonald, Theory of Simple Liquids (Academic Press, London, 1986).Google Scholar
- M. Medina-Noyola, Faraday Discuss. Chem. Soc. 83 (1987) 21.Google Scholar
- J. M. Méndez-Alcaraz and O. Alarcón-Waess, Physica A268 (1999) 75.Google Scholar
- D. Rudhardt and P. Leiderer, private communications.Google Scholar
- J. M. Méndez-Alcaraz and O. Alarcón-Waess, manuscript in preparation.Google Scholar