Renormalization of Circle Diffeomorphism Sequences and Markov Sequences
- 770 Downloads
We show a one-to-one correspondence between circle diffeomorphism sequences that are C 1+ n-periodic points of renormalization and smooth Markov sequences.
KeywordsMarked Point Rotation Number Natural Projection Rigid Rotation Topological Conjugacy
We acknowledge the financial support of LIAAD-INESC TEC through ‘Strategic Project - LA 14 - 2013–2014’ with reference PEst-C/EEI/LA0014/2013, USP-UP project, IJUP, Faculty of Sciences, University of Porto, Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, FEDER, POCI 2010 and COMPETE Programmes and Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT) through Project ‘Dynamics and Applications’, with reference PTDC/MAT/121107/2010. J. P. Almeida acknowledges the support from FCT, given through grant SFRH/PROTEC/49754/2009. Part of this research was done during visits by the authors to IMPA (Brazil), University of Säo Paulo (Brazil), University of Warwick (United Kingdom), Institut Henry Poincaré (France) and SUNY (USA). The authors thank them for their hospitality.
- 2.Arnol’d, V.I.: Small denominators I: on the mapping of a circle into itself. Investijia Akad. Nauk. Math. (Transl. Am. Math.Soc. 2nd Ser. 46, 213–284) 25(1), 21–96 (1961)Google Scholar
- 3.Coullet, P., Tresser, C.: Itération d’endomorphismes et groupe de renormalisation. J. de Phys. Colloque 539, C5–25 (1978)Google Scholar
- 5.Lanford, O.: Renormalization group methods for critical circle mappings with general rotation number. VIIIth International Congress on Mathematical Physics, pp. 532–536. World Science Publishing, Singapore (1987)Google Scholar
- 6.Masur, H.: Interval exchange transformations and measured foliations. Ann. Math. 2nd Ser. 115(1), 169–200 (1982)Google Scholar
- 8.Pinto, A.A., Rand, D.A.: Characterising rigidity and flexibility of pseudo-Anosov and other transversally laminated dynamical systems on surfaces. Warwick Preprint (1995)Google Scholar
- 15.Pinto, A.A., Sullivan, D.: The circle and the solenoid. Dedicated to Anatole Katok on the Occasion of his 60th Birthday. Discrete Contin. Dynam. Syst. A 16(2), 463–504 (2006)Google Scholar
- 18.Pinto, A.A., Rand, D.A., Ferreira, F.: Fine Structures of Hyperbolic Diffeomorphisms. Springer Monographs in Mathematics. Springer, New York (2010)Google Scholar
- 19.Pinto, A.A., Almeida, J.P., Rand, D.A.: Anosov and renormalized circle diffeomorphisms, pp. 1–33 (2012, submitted).Google Scholar
- 22.Veech, W.: Gauss measures for transformations on the space of interval exchange maps. Ann. Math. 2nd Ser. 115(2), 201–242 (1982)Google Scholar
- 23.Yoccoz, J.C.: Conjugaison différentiable des difféomorphismes du cercle dont le nombre de rotation vérifie une condition diophantienne. Ann. Scient. Éc. Norm. Sup. 4 série t 17, 333–359 (1984)Google Scholar