Practice Test #3: Difficulty Level—Hard
KeywordsMyocardial Perfusion Attenuation Correction Perfusion Defect Coronary Blood Flow Cadmium Zinc Telluride
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
References and Suggested Readings
- ACC/AHA 2002 Guideline update for exercise testing: summary article. http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/106/14/1883.
- Akinpelu D (ed). Treadmill stress testing. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1827089. Accessed 11 Oct 2012
- Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC). http://www.astellasapps.com/web_app/resources-definitions.html. Accessed 12 June 2012
- ASNC. Pharmacologic and exercise stress tests. http://www.asnc.org/media/PDFs/PPStressTests081511.pdf. Accessed 07 April 2012.
- Astellas. http://www.astellas.us/docs/lexiscan.pdf. Accessed 28 July 2012
- Biology on line. http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Ribosomes. Accessed 23 July 2012
- Bonow OR, Mann LD, Zipes PD, et al. Braunwald’s heart disease—a textbook of cardiovascular medicine. 9th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; 2011.Google Scholar
- Bayes theorem. http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=10301. Accessed 17 May 2012
- CDC. Perceived exertion (Borg Rating of Perceived Exertion Scale). http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/measuring/exertion.html. Accessed 20 Sept 2012
- Cherry S, Sorenson J, Phelps M. Physics in nuclear medicine. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Saunders; 2003.Google Scholar
- Christian PE, Bernier DR, Langan JK. Nuclear medicine and PET. Technology and techniques. 5th ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby; 2004.Google Scholar
- Cotran RS, Kumar V, Fausto N, et al. Robbins and Cotran pathologic basis of disease. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders; 2005.Google Scholar
- Dilsizian V, Narula J, Braunwald E. Atlas of nuclear cardiology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Current Medicine; 2009.Google Scholar
- English RJ, Brown SE. SPECT single photon emission computed tomography: a primer. 2nd ed. New York, NY: The Society of Nuclear Medicine; 1990.Google Scholar
- Ficaro EP, Hansen CL. American Society of Nuclear Cardiology: Imaging guidelines for nuclear cardiology procedures. Available at: http://www.asnc.org/imageuploads/ImagingGuidelinesComplete070709.pdf. Accessed 01 June 2011.
- Fleisher LA, Beckman JA, Brown KA, et al. ACC/AHA 2007 guidelines on perioperative cardiovascular evaluation and care for noncardiac surgery: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Revise the 2002 Guidelines on Perioperative Cardiovascular Evaluation for Noncardiac Surgery). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007;50:e159.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Fuster V, O’Rourke RA, Walsh RA, Poole Wilson P. “Hurst’s The Heart.” 12th ed. 2007.Google Scholar
- Gibbons RJ, Chatterjee K, Daley J, et al. ACC/AHA/ACP-ASIM guidelines for the management of patients with chronic stable angina: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999;33:2092–197.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Goldberger LA. Clinical electrocardiography: a simplified approach. 7th ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby Elsevier; 2006.Google Scholar
- Heller VG. Attenuation artifact in SPECT radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging. http://www.uptodate.com/contents/attenuation-artifact-in-spect-radionuclide-myocardial-perfusion-imaging. Accessed 18 June 2012.
- Heller VG, Lundbye BJ, Kapetanopoulos A. Vasodilator stress radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging: testing methodologies and safety. http://www.uptodate.com. Accessed 22 July 2011.
- Hill J, Timmis A. ABC of clinical electrocardiography. Exercise tolerance testing. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1123032/pdf/1084.pdf. Accessed 21 Nov 2012.
- Ho BV, Reddy PG. Cardiovascular imaging. St. Louis, Mo: Saunders Elsevier; 2011.Google Scholar
- ICRP. The 1996 ICRP21. Oxford: Pergamon; 1991.Google Scholar
- ICRP 2001 Supporting Guidance 2. Radiation and your patient: a guide for medical practitioners. Ann ICRP 31. Pergamon, Oxford. ICRP website: www.icrp.org/docs/ICRP_85_Interventional_s.pps. Accessed 1 July 2012
- Iskandar A, et al. Gender differences in the diagnostic accuracy of SPECT myocardial perfusion imaging: a bivariate meta-analysis. ASNC 2012Google Scholar
- Iskandrian EA, Garcia VE. Atlas of nuclear cardiology: imaging companion to Braunwald’s heart disease. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders; 2012.Google Scholar
- Iskandrian AE, Verani MS, et al. Nuclear cardiac imaging and principles applications. 3rd ed. New York: Oxford University Press; 2003.Google Scholar
- Jaffer F, Narula J. Molecular imaging of atherosclerosis: a biologic roadmap. In: Dilsizian V, Narula J, Braunwald E, editors. Atlas of nuclear cardiology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Current Medicine; 2009.Google Scholar
- Khalil MM, editor. Basic sciences of nuclear medicine. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer; 2011.Google Scholar
- Klabunde ER. Cardiovascular physiology concepts. http://www.cvphysiology.com/CAD/CAD003.htm. Accessed 21 July 2012
- Lombardi MH. Radiation safety in nuclear medicine. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press LLC; 1999.Google Scholar
- Machecourt J, Longére P, Fagret D. Prognostic value of thallium-201 single-photon emission computed tomographic myocardial perfusion imaging according to extent of myocardial defect: study in 1,926 patients with follow-up at 33 months. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1994;23:1096–106.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- MedlinePlus. Cardiac amyloidosis. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000193.htm. Accessed 22 Sept 2012
- Moyer AV; and on behalf of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Screening for Coronary Heart Disease with Electrocardiography: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement Ann Intern Med. 31 July 2012.Google Scholar
- Papaioannou IG, Heller VG. Exercise radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging in the diagnosis and prognosis of coronary heart disease. http://www.uptodate.com. Accessed 22 July 2011.
- Phelps ME, editor. PET: molecular imaging and its clinical applications. New York: Springer; 2004.Google Scholar
- Rubidium Rb-82 Generator. http://www.nuclearonline.org/PI/Cardiogen.pdf. Accessed 13 July 2012.
- Sharp FP, Gemmell GH, Murray DA, editors. Practical nuclear medicine. 3rd ed. Springer: London; 2005.Google Scholar
- SNM.AHA.ACR. Standardization of cardiac tomographic imaging. J Nucl Med 33; 7 July 1992Google Scholar
- Society of Nuclear Medicine. Procedure guideline for gated equilibrium radionuclide ventriculography. http://interactive.snm.org/docs/pg_ch01_0403.pdf. Accessed 12 July 2012
- Smuclovisky C. Coronary artery CTA. A case based atlas. Heidelberg: Springer; 2009.Google Scholar
- Statkiewicz-Sherer MA, Ritenour ER, Visconti PJ. Radiation protection in medical radiography. 6th ed. Maryland Heights, MO: Mosby Inc; 2011.Google Scholar
- Takalkar A, Agarwal A, Adams S, et al. Cardiac assessment with PET. PET Clin 2011;6(4)Google Scholar
- Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) Final Report. Circulation 2002;106:3143.Google Scholar
- Thomas GS, Thompson RC, Miyamoto MI, et al. The RegEx trial: a randomized, double-blind, placebo- and active-controlled pilot study combining regadenoson, a selective A 2A adenosine agonist, with low-level exercise, in patients undergoing myocardial perfusion imaging. J Nucl Cardiol. 2009;16(1):63–72.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Thrall HJ, Taveras MJ. Nuclear medicine: the requisites in radiology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Mosby; 2006.Google Scholar
- Voet D, Voet GJ, Pratt WC. Fundamentals of biochemistry. 2nd ed. Wiley. 2006.Google Scholar
- Weber TK, Janicki SJ. The metabolic demand and oxygen supply of the heart: physiologic and clinical considerations. Am J Cardiol. 1979;44(4):1.Google Scholar
- Wheat J, Currie G. Reconstruction strategies for gated myocardial perfusion SPECT: are false negatives a potential problem? Internet J Cardiol 2006; 4(1)Google Scholar
- Zaret BL, Beller GA. Clinical nuclear cardiology: state of the art and future directions. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby; 2005.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014