Practice Test #3: Difficulty Level—Hard
KeywordsRespiration Glutamine Warfarin Cataract Coupler
References and Suggested Readings
- ACC/AHA 2002 Guideline update for exercise testing: summary article. http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/106/14/1883.
- Akinpelu D (ed). Treadmill stress testing. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1827089. Accessed 11 Oct 2012
- Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC). http://www.astellasapps.com/web_app/resources-definitions.html. Accessed 12 June 2012
- ASNC. Pharmacologic and exercise stress tests. http://www.asnc.org/media/PDFs/PPStressTests081511.pdf. Accessed 07 April 2012.
- Astellas. http://www.astellas.us/docs/lexiscan.pdf. Accessed 28 July 2012
- Biology on line. http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Ribosomes. Accessed 23 July 2012
- Bonow OR, Mann LD, Zipes PD, et al. Braunwald’s heart disease—a textbook of cardiovascular medicine. 9th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; 2011.Google Scholar
- Bayes theorem. http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=10301. Accessed 17 May 2012
- CDC. Perceived exertion (Borg Rating of Perceived Exertion Scale). http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/measuring/exertion.html. Accessed 20 Sept 2012
- Cherry S, Sorenson J, Phelps M. Physics in nuclear medicine. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Saunders; 2003.Google Scholar
- Christian PE, Bernier DR, Langan JK. Nuclear medicine and PET. Technology and techniques. 5th ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby; 2004.Google Scholar
- Cotran RS, Kumar V, Fausto N, et al. Robbins and Cotran pathologic basis of disease. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders; 2005.Google Scholar
- Dilsizian V, Narula J, Braunwald E. Atlas of nuclear cardiology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Current Medicine; 2009.Google Scholar
- English RJ, Brown SE. SPECT single photon emission computed tomography: a primer. 2nd ed. New York, NY: The Society of Nuclear Medicine; 1990.Google Scholar
- Ficaro EP, Hansen CL. American Society of Nuclear Cardiology: Imaging guidelines for nuclear cardiology procedures. Available at: http://www.asnc.org/imageuploads/ImagingGuidelinesComplete070709.pdf. Accessed 01 June 2011.
- Fleisher LA, Beckman JA, Brown KA, et al. ACC/AHA 2007 guidelines on perioperative cardiovascular evaluation and care for noncardiac surgery: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Revise the 2002 Guidelines on Perioperative Cardiovascular Evaluation for Noncardiac Surgery). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007;50:e159.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Fuster V, O’Rourke RA, Walsh RA, Poole Wilson P. “Hurst’s The Heart.” 12th ed. 2007.Google Scholar
- Gibbons RJ, Chatterjee K, Daley J, et al. ACC/AHA/ACP-ASIM guidelines for the management of patients with chronic stable angina: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999;33:2092–197.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Goldberger LA. Clinical electrocardiography: a simplified approach. 7th ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby Elsevier; 2006.Google Scholar
- Heller VG. Attenuation artifact in SPECT radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging. http://www.uptodate.com/contents/attenuation-artifact-in-spect-radionuclide-myocardial-perfusion-imaging. Accessed 18 June 2012.
- Heller VG, Lundbye BJ, Kapetanopoulos A. Vasodilator stress radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging: testing methodologies and safety. http://www.uptodate.com. Accessed 22 July 2011.
- Hill J, Timmis A. ABC of clinical electrocardiography. Exercise tolerance testing. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1123032/pdf/1084.pdf. Accessed 21 Nov 2012.
- Ho BV, Reddy PG. Cardiovascular imaging. St. Louis, Mo: Saunders Elsevier; 2011.Google Scholar
- ICRP. The 1996 ICRP21. Oxford: Pergamon; 1991.Google Scholar
- ICRP 2001 Supporting Guidance 2. Radiation and your patient: a guide for medical practitioners. Ann ICRP 31. Pergamon, Oxford. ICRP website: www.icrp.org/docs/ICRP_85_Interventional_s.pps. Accessed 1 July 2012
- Iskandar A, et al. Gender differences in the diagnostic accuracy of SPECT myocardial perfusion imaging: a bivariate meta-analysis. ASNC 2012Google Scholar
- Iskandrian EA, Garcia VE. Atlas of nuclear cardiology: imaging companion to Braunwald’s heart disease. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders; 2012.Google Scholar
- Iskandrian AE, Verani MS, et al. Nuclear cardiac imaging and principles applications. 3rd ed. New York: Oxford University Press; 2003.Google Scholar
- Jaffer F, Narula J. Molecular imaging of atherosclerosis: a biologic roadmap. In: Dilsizian V, Narula J, Braunwald E, editors. Atlas of nuclear cardiology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Current Medicine; 2009.Google Scholar
- Khalil MM, editor. Basic sciences of nuclear medicine. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer; 2011.Google Scholar
- Klabunde ER. Cardiovascular physiology concepts. http://www.cvphysiology.com/CAD/CAD003.htm. Accessed 21 July 2012
- Lombardi MH. Radiation safety in nuclear medicine. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press LLC; 1999.Google Scholar
- Machecourt J, Longére P, Fagret D. Prognostic value of thallium-201 single-photon emission computed tomographic myocardial perfusion imaging according to extent of myocardial defect: study in 1,926 patients with follow-up at 33 months. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1994;23:1096–106.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- MedlinePlus. Cardiac amyloidosis. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000193.htm. Accessed 22 Sept 2012
- Moyer AV; and on behalf of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Screening for Coronary Heart Disease with Electrocardiography: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement Ann Intern Med. 31 July 2012.Google Scholar
- Papaioannou IG, Heller VG. Exercise radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging in the diagnosis and prognosis of coronary heart disease. http://www.uptodate.com. Accessed 22 July 2011.
- Phelps ME, editor. PET: molecular imaging and its clinical applications. New York: Springer; 2004.Google Scholar
- Rubidium Rb-82 Generator. http://www.nuclearonline.org/PI/Cardiogen.pdf. Accessed 13 July 2012.
- Sharp FP, Gemmell GH, Murray DA, editors. Practical nuclear medicine. 3rd ed. Springer: London; 2005.Google Scholar
- SNM.AHA.ACR. Standardization of cardiac tomographic imaging. J Nucl Med 33; 7 July 1992Google Scholar
- Society of Nuclear Medicine. Procedure guideline for gated equilibrium radionuclide ventriculography. http://interactive.snm.org/docs/pg_ch01_0403.pdf. Accessed 12 July 2012
- Smuclovisky C. Coronary artery CTA. A case based atlas. Heidelberg: Springer; 2009.Google Scholar
- Statkiewicz-Sherer MA, Ritenour ER, Visconti PJ. Radiation protection in medical radiography. 6th ed. Maryland Heights, MO: Mosby Inc; 2011.Google Scholar
- Takalkar A, Agarwal A, Adams S, et al. Cardiac assessment with PET. PET Clin 2011;6(4)Google Scholar
- Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) Final Report. Circulation 2002;106:3143.Google Scholar
- Thomas GS, Thompson RC, Miyamoto MI, et al. The RegEx trial: a randomized, double-blind, placebo- and active-controlled pilot study combining regadenoson, a selective A 2A adenosine agonist, with low-level exercise, in patients undergoing myocardial perfusion imaging. J Nucl Cardiol. 2009;16(1):63–72.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Thrall HJ, Taveras MJ. Nuclear medicine: the requisites in radiology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Mosby; 2006.Google Scholar
- Voet D, Voet GJ, Pratt WC. Fundamentals of biochemistry. 2nd ed. Wiley. 2006.Google Scholar
- Weber TK, Janicki SJ. The metabolic demand and oxygen supply of the heart: physiologic and clinical considerations. Am J Cardiol. 1979;44(4):1.Google Scholar
- Wheat J, Currie G. Reconstruction strategies for gated myocardial perfusion SPECT: are false negatives a potential problem? Internet J Cardiol 2006; 4(1)Google Scholar
- Zaret BL, Beller GA. Clinical nuclear cardiology: state of the art and future directions. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby; 2005.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014