Tissue Engineering Triangle and its Development
This chapter analyses the basic triangle in TE: cells, scaffolds, molecules in terms of their discovery, production and upgrading procedures within last decade. The most important researchers and their discoveries and breakthrough achievements are emphasized and elaborated.
KeywordsTissue Engineering Biological Engineer Osteogenesis Imperfecta Stem Cell Research Basic Triangle
- 1.S.A.Berger, W.Goldsmith, and E.R.Lewis (eds):Introduction to bioengineering 1996, Oxford University Press, Oxford New York.Google Scholar
- 2.W.Matk Saltzman:Biomedical Engineering. 2009, Cambridge Univerosty Press, New York.Google Scholar
- 3.M.Pavlovic (Ed) and B.Balint: Stem cells and Tissue engineering, Springer Brief, 2013.Google Scholar
- 4.Kucia M, Reca R, Campbell FR, Surma-Zuba E, Majka M, Ratajczak M, and Ratajczak MZ A population of very small embryonic - like (VSEL) CXR4+SSEA-1+Oct4+ stem cells identified in adult bone marrow. Leukemia 2006, 20: 857–69.Google Scholar
- 5.Balint B, Ljubenov M, Stamatović D, Todorović M, Pavlović M, Ostojić G, et al. Stem cell harvesting protocol research in autologous transplantation setting: large volume vs. conventional cytapheresis Vojnosanit Preg 2008; 65(7): 545–51.Google Scholar
- 6.Todorović V, Marković D, Milošević-Jovčić N, Petakov M, Balint B, Čolić M et al. Dental pulp stem cells - potential significance in regenerative medicine. Stom Glas S 2008; 55: 170–9.Google Scholar
- 7.A.Atala, Bauer S, Soker S, Yoo JJ, Retik Ab: Tissue-engineered bladders for patients needing cytoplasty. The lancet, 367, 9518,:1241–1246, 2006.Google Scholar
- 8.Hamill OP, Marty A, Neher E, Sakmann B, Sigworth FJ. (1981). “Improved patch-clamp techniques for high-resolution current recording from cells and cell-free membrane patches”. Pflügers Archiv European Journal of Physiology 391 (2): 85–100. doi: 10.1007/BF00656997. PMID 6270629.
- 9.J. I. Lee, M. Sato, H. W. Kim, and J. Mochida, “Transplantatation of scaffold-free spheroids composed of synovium-derived cells and chondrocytes for the treatment of cartilage defects of the knee”,European Cells and Materials Journal, vol. 22, pp. 275–290, 2011.Google Scholar
- 10.Hamburger V. The history of discovery of nerve growth factor. J Neurobiol 1993, 24(7):893–7.Google Scholar