An Adaptive Cyber-Physical System Framework for Cyber-Physical Systems Design Automation
This chapter on the dissertation of U. John Tanik  by describing an automated approach to Cyber-Physical Systems design utilizing an Adaptive Cyber-Physical System Framework (ACPSF). The ACPSF is based on the Artificial Intelligence Design Framework (AIDF) supported by a NASA training grant from 2004 to 2006 at UAB .
KeywordsWireless Sensor Network Design Automation Free Space Optical Axiomatic Design Fault Tree Analysis
- 1.Tanik, U., J. Artificial Intelligence Design Framework for Optical Backplane Engineering. Dissertation (2006).Google Scholar
- 2.Tanik, Urcun, UAB Dissertation, Chair: Gary Grimes.Google Scholar
- 3.Tanik, Urcun. Architecting Automated Design Systems. VDM Verlag, 2008.Google Scholar
- 4.CPS Steering Group. Cyber-Physical Systems Executive Summary. Mar. 2008. Web. 13 Sept. 2012. <http://precise.seas.upenn.edu/events/iccps11/_doc/CPS-Executive-Summary.pdf>.
- 5.UC Regents. Cyber-Physical Systems. <http://cyberphysicalsystems.org/>.
- 6.Rajkumar, Ragunathan (Raj), et al. “Cyber-Physical Systems: The Next Computing Revolution.” Proceedings of the 47th Design Automation Conference (2010): ACM Digital Library. Web. 15. Sept.2012Google Scholar
- 7.Fallah, Yaser, P., et al. “Design of cooperative vehicle safety systems based on tight coupling of communication, computing and physical vehicle dynamics.” Proceedings of the 1st ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (2010): ACMGoogle Scholar
- 8.Lee, Edward, A., Seshia, Sanjit, A. “An introductory textbook on cyber-physical systems.” WESE ‘10: Proceedings of the 2010 Workshop on Embedded Systems Education (2010): ACM digital Library. Web. 26.Sept.2012Google Scholar
- 9.Trevino, L., D. E. Paris, and M. Watson, 2005, A Framework for Integration of IVHM Technologies for Intelligent Integration for Vehicle Management, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, Technical Report, Document ID: 20050162249, NTRS: 2005-05-17.Google Scholar
- 10.Schreiber, Guus, et al. “Knowledge Engineering and Management.”Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2000): MIT.Google Scholar
- 11.Mylopoulos, John, et al. “Building knowledge base management systems.” The VLDB Journal 5: 238 (1996): The VLDB JournalGoogle Scholar
- 12.Chung, Lawerence, Cooper, Kendra. “A knowledge-based COTS-aware requirements engineering approach.” Proceedings of the 14th international conference on Software engineering and knowledge engineering (2002): ACM.Google Scholar
- 13.Shin, Eun-Hwan. Estimation Techniques for Low-Cost Inertial Navigation.2005. University of Calgary. <http://www.ucalgary.ca/engo_webdocs/NES/05.20219.EHShin.pdf>
- 14.Gevarter, William, B. An Overview of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics. 1983. <http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf&AD=ADA364025>.
- 15.Stoilos, G., Stamou, G., Pan, J. Z. 2010. “Fuzzy extensions of OWL: Logical properties and reduction to fuzzy description logics”. International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, Vol. 51 Issue 6, pp. 656–679.Google Scholar
- 16.Djelloul, Khalil. “From exponential to almost linear decomposability of finite or infinite trees.” Proceedings of the 2009 ACM symposium on Applied Computing (2009): ACM.Google Scholar
- 17.Hazewinkel, Michiel, et al. “Axiomatic method.”Encyclopedia of Mathematics (2001): SpringerGoogle Scholar
- 18.Axiomatic Design. Acclaro DFSS Summary. <http://www.dfss-software.com/dfss_summary.asp>
- 19.Kim, Ji, Eun, Mosse, Daniel. “Generic framework for design, modeling and simulation of cyber-physical systems.” SIGBED Review, Vol. 5 Issue 1 (2008): ACM.Google Scholar
- 20.Kim, Ji-Yeon, et al. “Abstracted CPS model: a model for interworking between physical system and simulator for CPS simulation (WIP).” Proceedings of the 2012 Symposium on Theory of Modeling and Simulation - DEVS Integrative M&S Symposium (2012): Society for Computer Simulation International.Google Scholar
- 21.Ma, Xuan, et al. “A cyber-physical system based framework for motor rehabilitation after stroke.” Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Wireless Technologies for Humanitarian Relief (2011): ACM Digital Library. Web. 15.Sept.2012Google Scholar
- 22.Schreiber, G., H. Akkermans, A. Anjewierden, R. de Hoog, N. Shadbolt, W. Van de Velde, and B. Wielinga. Knowledge Engineering and Management, The Common- KADS Methodology. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2000.Google Scholar
- 23.Kirk, A. G., D. V. Plant, M. H. Ayliffe, M. Châteauneuf, and F. Lacroix, 2003, “Design Rules for Highly Parallel Free-Space Optical Interconnects” IEEE journal of selected topics in quantum electronics, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 231–245.Google Scholar
- 24.John H. Glenn Research Center. Free-Space Optical Interconnect Employing VCSEL Diodes. Nov. 2009. <http://www.techbriefs.com/component/content/article/5920>.
- 25.Berger, Chrisoph, et al. High-density optical interconnects within large-scale systems 2003. <http://www.zurich.ibm.com/pdf/sys/berger_proc_spie_4942_pp222-235_2003.pdf>.
- 26.Tanik, U.J., G. J. Grimes, C. J. Sherman, V. P. Gurupur, 2005, “An Intelligent Design Framework for Optical Backplane Engineering,” Journal of Integrated Design and Process Science, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp.41–53.Google Scholar
- 27.Zhu, Ting. Research Interests. <http://www.cs.binghamton.edu/~tzhu/>.