Prerequisite interviewing skills for role-playing structure include gentle commands , listening , tracking , clarifying, contracting , empathic summary , and referred gate .
KeywordsMedical Interview Transitional Statement Middle Phase Clear Structure Contracting Process
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Shea SC. Psychiatric interviewing: the art of understanding: a practical guide for psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, social workers, nurses, and other mental health professionals. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 1998.Google Scholar
- 3.Platt FW, McMath JC. Clinical hypocompetence: the interview. Ann Intern Med. 1978;9:898–902.Google Scholar
- 6.Binder J. Pediatric interviewing: a practical, relationship-based approach. New York, NY: Humana Press; 2010.Google Scholar
- 7.Cole SA, Bird J. The medical interview: the three function approach. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby; 2000.Google Scholar
- 10.Fortin A, Dwamena FC, Frankel RM, Smith RC. Smith’s patient-centered interviewing: an evidence-based method. 3rd ed. New York, NY: McGraw Hill; 2012.Google Scholar
- 14.Platt FW, Gordon GH. Field guide to the difficult patient interview. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2004.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013