Part of the Contemporary Mathematicians book series (CM)
A theme running through Gautschi’s work is numerical conditioning. His many papers on this topic fall broadly into two categories: those on conditioning of Vandermonde matrices and those on conditioning of polynomials.
- 1.Bernhard Beckermann. The condition number of real Vandermonde, Krylov and positive definite Hankel matrices. Numer. Math., 85(4):553–577, 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.Åke Björck and Victor Pereyra. Solution of Vandermonde systems of equations. Math. Comp., 24(112):893–903, 1970.Google Scholar
- 4.James W. Demmel and Plamen Koev. The accurate and efficient solution of a totally positive generalized Vandermonde linear system. SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl., 27(1): 142–152, 2005.Google Scholar
- 5.Nicholas J. Higham. Error analysis of the Björck-Pereyra algorithms for solving Vandermonde systems. Numer. Math., 50(5):613–632, 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.Nicholas J. Higham. Accuracy and stability of numerical algorithms. Second edition, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), Philadelphia, PA, 2002. xxx+680 pp. ISBN 0-89871-521-0.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014