Design the Bandwidth of Zero-Phase Filter of Iterative Learning Controller by Improved Particle Swarm Optimization
This chapter utilized the IPSO technique with bounded constraints for adjusting the gains of PID controller, ILC controller, and the bandwidth of zero-phase Butterworth filter. Simulation results show that IPSO-ILC-PID controller will have chance of producing high frequencies in the error signals when the filter bandwidth is fixed for every repetition. Since the conventional ILC iterative learning process has the potential to excite rich frequency contents and try to learn the error signals, however, the learnable and unlearnable error signals should be separated for bettering control process. Thus, the adaptive bandwidth of a zero-phase filter in ILC-PID controller with IPSO tuning characteristic is proposed here. Simulation results show that the new controller can cancel the errors as repetition goes. The frequency response of the error signals is analyzed by the EMD and the HHT method. Errors are reduced and validated by good ILC learning with adaptive filter bandwidth.
KeywordsImproved particle swarm optimization PID controller ILC controller Linear synchronous motor Zero-phase butterworth low-pass filter
This work is supported in part by NSC 101-2221-E-018-010. The authors are much appreciated.
- 1.Hongqing F, Long C (2009) Application of an enhanced PSO algorithm to optimal tuning of PID gains. In: Proceedings of 2009 Chinese control and decision conference, Guilin, 17–19 June 2009, pp 35–39Google Scholar
- 2.Kennedy J, Eberhart R (1995) Particle swarm optimization. In: Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on neural networks, Perth, 1995, pp 1942–1948Google Scholar
- 3.Solihin MI, Akmeliawati W, Akmeliawati R (2009) Self-erecting inverted pendulum employing PSO for stabilizing and tracking controller. In: Proceedings of international colloquium on signal processing & its applications (CSPA), Kuala Lumpur, 6–8 Mar 2009, pp 63–68Google Scholar
- 7.Jang HS, Longman RW (1996) Design of digital learning controller using a partial isometry. Adv Astronaut Sci 93:137–152Google Scholar
- 9.Huang YC, Li YH, Li ST (2012) Design and experiment of iterative learning controller based on particle swarm optimization approach with new bounded constraints technique. J Appl Mech Mater (EI)Google Scholar
- 11.Shi Y, Eberhart R (1998) A modified particle swarm optimizer. In: Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on evolutionary computation, Anchorage, 1998, pp 69–73Google Scholar
- 14.Jang HS, Longman RW (1994) A new learning control law with monotonic decay of the tracking error norm. In: Proceedings of the 32nd allerton conference on communication, control, and computing, University of Illinois, Urbana, 1994, pp. 314–323Google Scholar
- 15.Jang HS, Longman RW (1996) An update on a monotonic learning control law and some fuzzy logic learning gain adjustment techniques. Adv Astronaut Sci 90:301–318Google Scholar