An Kalman Filter-Based Method for BeiDou/GPS Integrated Navigation System
To improve precision of double-star positioning system (DSPS) in China and overcome the defects due to the shadiness of DSPS in the war, an indirect Kalman filter-based loosely coupled method for tri-star passive BeiDou/Global Positioning System (BeiDou/GPS) integrated navigation system is presented. This chapter uses tri-star passive positioning technique to solve the shadiness of DSPS in the war. An indirect Kalman filter-based method is proposed to combine BeiDou with GPS to fuse into an integrated navigation system to enhance precision of BeiDou when GPS is available. Experimental results demonstrate that the proposed Kalman filter-Based method can effectively reduce the positioning error, and precision of the BeiDou/GPS integrated navigation is better than GPS-only navigation.
KeywordsBeiDou GPS Kalman filter Tri-star passive positioning Integrated navigation
- 3.Benlei S, Qing X, Yao Z (2008) The study on low cost passive-BD/INS integration navigation system. Microelectron Comput 25:169–171Google Scholar
- 4.Wei E, Zhang X, An Z, Feng X (2008) On the design of the protective system with the integration of GPS and Beidou navigation systems. Bull Surv Mapp 7:4–6Google Scholar
- 5.Xiaodong W, Siliang W, Li J (2009) Application of Kalman filter in BeiDou passive position. Microcomput Inf 25:247–249Google Scholar
- 6.Liu Y (2006) Passive location technique with three BeiDou geostationary satellites. Radio Eng China 36:36–39Google Scholar
- 8.Grewal MS, Andrews AP (2008) Kalman filtering: theory and practice using MATLAB. Wiley-IEEE Press, HobokenGoogle Scholar