Routing Selection Strategy Based on Link Failure in ZigBee Networks with Changing Mobility
The hierarchical tree routing and Z-AODV routing are both available in ZigBee specification to meet the requirements in different applications. However, the research on principle and method of routing selection is still underway. Moreover, most research on ZigBee routing was examined in a single network condition, and the variation of wireless environment should be more considered. Aiming at lower power consumption, a routing selection strategy based on link failure in the networks with changing mobility is proposed in this chapter. The algorithm utilized the information in network address and neighbor table of ZigBee devices, to recognize the mobility changing of nodes without any extra communication. The simulation results show the algorithm could reduce the average network load in all the conditions have been tested.
KeywordsZigBee Routing selection Link failure Node mobility
This work is supported in part by High Education Science & Technology Foundation Planning Project of Tianjin (20100716); Tianjin Younger Natural Science Foundation (12JCQNJC00400).
- 1.Metin T, Ibrahim K (2012) PSAR: power-source-aware routing in ZigBee networks. Wireless Netw. doi: 10.1007/s11276-012-0424-5
- 3.Ran P, Zou SM (2006) ZigBee routing selection strategy based on data services and energy-balanced ZigBee routing. APSCC ’06. doi: 10.1109/APSCC.2006.116
- 4.ZigBee standard Organization (2007) ZigBee specification. http://www.zigbee.org/Specifications.aspx
- 6.Ni S, Tsing Y, Chen Y, Sheu J. (2002) The broadcast storm problem in a mobile ad hoc network. Wireless Netw 8(2–3):153–167Google Scholar
- 9.Pan MS, Tseng YC (2007) The orphan problem in zigbee-based wireless sensor networks. In: MSWiM ’07, pp 95–98. doi:10.1145/1298126.1298144Google Scholar