An Improved Adaptive Filtering Algorithm for Non-Sparse Impulse Response
An algorithm to improve the convergence performance of the improved μ-law PNLMS algorithm (IMPNLMS) for non-sparse impulse responses is proposed in this chapter. In this algorithm, an adaptive parameter μ of the μ-law compression for sparse impulse response is incorporated into the IMPNLMS algorithm. Compared with IMPNLMS algorithm, simulation results demonstrate that the proposed algorithm has better convergence performance.
KeywordsAdaptive filtering IMPNLMS algorithm Non-sparse impulse response
This work is supported by National High Technology Research and Development Program of China (No. 2011AA01A204), Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications Research and Innovation Fund for Youths.
- 3.Krishna VV, Rayala J, Slade B (2002) Algorithmic and implementation aspects of echo cancellation in packet voice networks. In: Proceedings of 36th Asilomar conference signals, systems and computers, vol 2. Milpitas, Nov 2002, pp 1252–1257Google Scholar
- 6.Wagner K, Doroslovacki M (2009) Gain allocation in proportionate-type NLMS algorithms for fast decay of output error at all times. In: Proceedings IEEE international conference on Acoustics, speech, and signal processing, Taipei, 19–24 Apr 2009Google Scholar
- 8.Gay SL (1998) An efficient, fast converging adaptive filter for network echo cancellation. In: Proceedings of 32nd Asilomar conference on signals and system for computing, Pacific Grove, California, USA, vol 1. pp 394–398Google Scholar
- 9.Benesty J, Gay SL (2002) An improved PNLMS algorithm. In: Proceedings of IEEE international conference on Acoustic, speech and signal processing, (ICASSP’02), Orlando, May 2002, pp 1881–1884Google Scholar
- 10.Liu L, Fukumoto M, Saiki S (2008) An improved mu-law proportionate NLMS algorithm. In: Proceedings of IEEE international conference on Acoustic, speech and signal processing (ICASSP’08), Las Vegas, March 2008, pp 3797–3800Google Scholar